Re: Sewing Machine Find

  • Suzanne
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 5, 2006
      My manual arrived today, 9/5. I ordered it on 8/30 and there was a
      Monday holiday in there, so the delivery period was good. I am
      happy with the quality of the manual. It looks like they have
      scanned the pages of the original manual and then printed them.
      Mine is about 6 X 8 1/2 including the plastic binding that allows
      the book to lay flat in the open position. There are clear plastic
      covers to keep the whole thing in a protected condition. I'm
      finding all kinds of new things I can try out now. Overall, I am
      happy. After I ordered this manual, I found others on the internet
      for less, but some of them were listed as just xerox copies and may
      or may not be the quality I got. The website is sewing-machine-
      mauals.com by a company named Relics. The phone number is 269-651-
      8834 in Sturgis, MIchigan. Check it out if you need a manual for
      your machine.

      Suzanne
      #############
      --- In linusconnection@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer Ofenstein"
      <jennifer@...> wrote:

      > I'd love to hear when you know more about the website you used.
      I'm
      > sure I'm not the only one.
      >
      > Thanks for sharing! :)
      >
      > Jennifer
      > --- In linusconnection@yahoogroups.com, "Suzanne" <cooperrs@>
      wrote:

      > > I was looking online today and found a website that has lots of
      > > manuals available for older machines. I have just ordered one
      ($16
      > > including shipping) for my 52+ year-old Kenmore. If anyone is
      > > interested in the website I will be glad to share it after I
      receive
      > > my manual and can verify that the product received was
      acceptable.
      > > I'm excited to be able to find out more about what this machine
      can
      > > do. It is the machine I learned to sew on that I talked my
      mother
      > > out of when she bought a new machine, which of course she
      doesn't
      > > really like as well as the old one. But, she's not getting it
      back!

      > > Suzanne

    • Jennifer Ofenstein
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 6, 2006
        Thanks for the good info, Suzanne. I've been looking around and found
        that Singer sells their older manuals for about $15 plus shipping and
        reprinted manuals on ebay are $9. I've ordered some accessories for
        my 301, so it's probably time to invest in the manual!