Orphan and unicode files

  • Tilman Hausherr
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2001
      Hello all,

      1)
      You just received a message that a version of Xenu is available that
      can detect orphan files. Yeah, I did that. So many people asked me
      for it, and at some time I realized I needed this feature myself (I
      had to move a portion of my website).

      This is just a beta version, I did only a small test. Use at your own
      risk!

      At a later time I will think how check remote sites for orphans with
      ftp.

      Please understand that a file which is referenced only "from outside"
      will be considered to be an orphan. Same if you local file links to
      your images *remotely* (i.e. with a full http:// path) instead of
      relatively.

      2)
      Are unicode files coming? One user had one, and I am currently unable
      to parse them. This user suspected that the latest version of MS
      Frontpage produces it. E-mail me if you have more details, or if you
      have a good programming tip for me about how to sort them out easily.
      (I do know about IsTextUnicode())

      Tilman