HTML Parser needed

  • Tilman Hausherr
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2004
      [If you do not know what a "parser" is, you can delete this message]

      Hello,

      The parser I use for Xenu's Link Sleuth is pretty basic and I'm almost
      ashamed for it :-) Because I did take a course in syntax analysis for
      one semester, and have owned the book "Compiler Construction" by Prof.
      Niklaus Wirth for many years.

      Xenu's parser isn't really a real parser, it's just something "quick and
      dirty". Does anyone know a source code for a HTML parser that has all
      the newer parts of the language, and that is easy to use?

      What I'd like is something where I can "get into" to include my own
      little components, i.e. through callbacks, or by simply modifying parts
      of the code. This way I could handle the "id=" part, which I don't
      support at this time because it can happen everywhere.

      Like Prof. Wirth, I prefer non-table based syntax analysis.

      Tilman