new beta of Xenu's Link Sleuth

  • Tilman Hausherr
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2003
      Someone asked me whether this Xenu beta has something to do with the new
      Verisign behaviour (hijacking of all undefined *.com and *.net domains,
      see http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/32852.html ). No, it has
      nothing to do with it.

      What can you do?

      You can set the options so that redirections are treated as errors, or
      you can look in the report for the redirections to see any links to
      http://sitefinder.verisign.com .

      I might detect these bogus redirections with not too much work, and then
      report "no such host". However, I still have the hope that the internet
      community will force Verisign to stop its current behaviour.

      Tilman