new beta of Xenu's Link Sleuth

  • Tilman Hausherr
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2003
      I have uploaded a new beta in the file area at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linksleuthupdates/files/
      If you like beta software, try it :)

      If I don't get any complaints, I'll upload this file into the general
      area. It has really taken too long, over a year without a new "official"
      version!

      Tilman
    • Tilman Hausherr
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 20, 2003
        Someone asked me whether this Xenu beta has something to do with the new
        Verisign behaviour (hijacking of all undefined *.com and *.net domains,
        see http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/32852.html ). No, it has
        nothing to do with it.

        What can you do?

        You can set the options so that redirections are treated as errors, or
        you can look in the report for the redirections to see any links to
        http://sitefinder.verisign.com .

        I might detect these bogus redirections with not too much work, and then
        report "no such host". However, I still have the hope that the internet
        community will force Verisign to stop its current behaviour.

        Tilman