Xenu endless "busy" bug

  • Tilman Hausherr
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2003
      Again and again, users wrote me with the phenomenon that Xenu keeps one
      or two pending URLs as "busy" for a very long time, maybe even forever.
      The result is that it isn't possible to end Xenu except through the task
      manager.

      I believe that it is "not my problem", i.e. the fault of WININET.DLL.
      But we never know... Since I never experienced this myself (apparently
      it happens with XP, but I use ME), I'd like to invite people who have
      experienced this often to contact me. I would provide a Xenu version
      that does lots of debug outputs into a file, so to see whether the
      requests really "hang" in the WININET.DLL or whether it's my fault.

      Tilman