[links] BeOS/Haiku port update and graphics support (preliminary)
- Hi there,
I updated the BeOS port to support the less buggy BONE network stack,
and added native graphics support. It should also build under Haiku
(FreeSoftware BeOS rewrite) but I didn't try yet.
A preliminary patch is available here:
- I tried to find a way with automake to add extra steps to add the
resources and version info to the binary but didn't find a simple one
- added $(DEFAULT_INCLUDES) to the atheos.o and beosgui.o target and
used $< which should fix VPATH builds.
- in BeOS the B_ prefix is used widely so B_ENTER, B_ESC and others
colided. replaced them with BTN_*.
- Haiku will use os/ instead of be/ to hold OS-specific headers, so
even though we'll have a symlink I stripped it from <be/kernel/OS.h> as
it's unnecessary anyway.
- the check for which network stack is based on net_server (the old
one) using an unusual value 1 for IPPROTO_TCP. However the <net/
socket.h> header should still be the only one available, so it will
have to be fixed for plain R5 to build.
- for non-net_server (BONE and Haiku) the select hack is unnecessary.
- beosgui.cpp has the code for graphics support while beos.c is kept
for platform support, so the former can be disabled.
- I added a hackish maybe_force_gr check to see if both stdin and
stdout are /dev/null (which happens when an application is launched
from the desktop), in which case the behaviour is forced to graphics,
as double-clicking an app obviously doesn't append "-g" to its args.
- added a resource file but it must be used manually for now.
- BeOS uses UTF-8 everywhere, including window titles.
links-list mailing list