[links] BeOS/Haiku port update and graphics support (preliminary)

  • Fran├žois Revol
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2008
      Hi there,
      I updated the BeOS port to support the less buggy BONE network stack,
      and added native graphics support. It should also build under Haiku
      (FreeSoftware BeOS rewrite) but I didn't try yet.

      A preliminary patch is available here:
      http://revolf.free.fr/beos/patches/links-2.1pre33.beos.002.diff.txt

      Some notes:
      - I tried to find a way with automake to add extra steps to add the
      resources and version info to the binary but didn't find a simple one
      (autotools ahem...)
      - added $(DEFAULT_INCLUDES) to the atheos.o and beosgui.o target and
      used $< which should fix VPATH builds.
      - in BeOS the B_ prefix is used widely so B_ENTER, B_ESC and others
      colided. replaced them with BTN_*.
      - Haiku will use os/ instead of be/ to hold OS-specific headers, so
      even though we'll have a symlink I stripped it from <be/kernel/OS.h> as
      it's unnecessary anyway.
      - the check for which network stack is based on net_server (the old
      one) using an unusual value 1 for IPPROTO_TCP. However the <net/
      socket.h> header should still be the only one available, so it will
      have to be fixed for plain R5 to build.
      - for non-net_server (BONE and Haiku) the select hack is unnecessary.
      - beosgui.cpp has the code for graphics support while beos.c is kept
      for platform support, so the former can be disabled.
      - I added a hackish maybe_force_gr check to see if both stdin and
      stdout are /dev/null (which happens when an application is launched
      from the desktop), in which case the behaviour is forced to graphics,
      as double-clicking an app obviously doesn't append "-g" to its args.
      - added a resource file but it must be used manually for now.
      - BeOS uses UTF-8 everywhere, including window titles.

      Fran├žois.