[links-list] resolver

  • Arkadiusz Miskiewicz
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2000
      Hi,

      As i know current links version uses only first returned by DNS
      IP address (I'm wrong?). This will cause problems in such strange situations
      when we have:
      www.domain.org 1.1.1.1
      www.domain.org 2.2.2.2
      www.domain.org 3.3.3.3
      and http server bind()ed to only one of these addresses (ie. 2.2.2.2).
      If dns returns something other that 2.2.2.2 links will report connection
      refused etc.

      I suggest to change resolver && connection code in links to always
      try all addresses returned by DNS. This will also be usefull for
      me in my links+ipv6 :-)

      Bye,

      --
      Arkadiusz Miƛkiewicz [ PLD GNU/Linux IPv6 ]
      http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/ipv6/ [ enabled ]