Re: A new way of collaboration on the dictionary

  • lingwadeplaneta
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2012
      Walaa nove, pyu hao linka:

      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqUEFis10aBLdHVaN2ZORDFURUdOUy1adXlWbE9LV2c

      Kadawan mog redakti dokumenta, iven sin zin Gugl-akaunta.

      Komo adi worda? Kliki ba on eni sela e skribi. Explori otre posiblitaa in menu-linia (Fail, Redakti, Vida, Inserta, etf.). Yoshi al kliki desne buton apari kelke posiblitaa. Oni mog adi e udali linia e kolona.

      --- In lingwadeplaneta@yahoogroups.com, "Konstantin Stolyarov" <gostomysl790@...> wrote:

      > Hao kosa!
      >
      > Nau yu sol expliki ba, kom adar adi worda, e gunsa ve go avan!!!
      >
      > Konsti.

    • lingwadeplaneta
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 10, 2012
        Well, after several days we have 200+ entries:

        https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqUEFis10aBLdHVaN2ZORDFURUdOUy1adXlWbE9LV2c#gid=0

        I'd like to share some links that I am using in this work.

        1. The 1st task is to find all meanings of a given word. For this I use The Free Dictionary:
        http://www.thefreedictionary.com/
        I find it to be the best online explanator of English words, better than Wiktionary.
        Also I use my electronic English-Russian dictionary, for full understanding.

        2. The second task is to determine, which meanings are most important (because it is impossible to reflect ALL the meanings, at least at the current stage). Unfortunately the English-Interlingua dictionary we are using isn't good for it: too often it translates, say, "action" simply as "action", without specifying whether it is acting, battle or legal proceeding. So I usually have to consult Dyer's English-Ido dictionary:
        http://idolinguo.org.uk/eniddyer.htm
        where most important distinctions are reflected.

        Is there, in the whole field of conlangs, any English to Something dictionary which would be as good as the Dyer's one?

        All in all, it is going to be a very useful but slow work.

        Dmitry