Re: A new way of collaboration on the dictionary

  • lingwadeplaneta
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2012
      In this work, Gary Dumer's English-LdP dictionary may be very useful. I have just uploaded it (zipped html) to the Files section of this group:
      http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/0PO9UHX_hTWAdr8iTFz3XmccJmof-Q6mBjAmqOqn6kfHvvDrIxtYhE65lCRFaet-ZmhEWY_z8tCrx8u3w32piA/English-LdP%20Dictionary%20v2.zip

      Dimitri

      --- In lingwadeplaneta@yahoogroups.com, "lingwadeplaneta" <lingwadeplaneta@...> wrote:

      > Look at this:
      > https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqUEFis10aBLdHVaN2ZORDFURUdOUy1adXlWbE9LV2c#gid=0
      >
      > It is a public Google document, based on Concise English-Interlingua dictionary, that anyone can edit. I suggest that we fill in the current Lidepla data and make proposals for the absent notions. The result will be a good English-Lidepla dictionary (first in history) and quite a lot of new words.
      > This format should be better than the list in Wiki. One can add translations in any language, insert columns and rows, edit everything...
      >
      > Nu gun ba!
      >
      > Dimitri

    • Konstantin Stolyarov
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2012
        Hao kosa!

        Nau yu sol expliki ba, kom adar adi worda, e gunsa ve go avan!!!

        Konsti.
      • Martín Rincón Botero

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2012
            Probi nau:

            --- In lingwadeplaneta@yahoogroups.com, Martín Rincón Botero <martinrinconbotero@...> wrote:

            > Bu oli mog redakti paja (amini me bu mog), treba shanji permita.
            > Martín.
            >

            > 2012/12/4 Konstantin Stolyarov <gostomysl790@...>
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Hao kosa!
            > >
            > > Nau yu sol expliki ba, kom adar adi worda, e gunsa ve go avan!!!
            > >
            > > Konsti.

          • lingwadeplaneta
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 4, 2012
              Walaa nove, pyu hao linka:

              https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqUEFis10aBLdHVaN2ZORDFURUdOUy1adXlWbE9LV2c

              Kadawan mog redakti dokumenta, iven sin zin Gugl-akaunta.

              Komo adi worda? Kliki ba on eni sela e skribi. Explori otre posiblitaa in menu-linia (Fail, Redakti, Vida, Inserta, etf.). Yoshi al kliki desne buton apari kelke posiblitaa. Oni mog adi e udali linia e kolona.

              --- In lingwadeplaneta@yahoogroups.com, "Konstantin Stolyarov" <gostomysl790@...> wrote:

              > Hao kosa!
              >
              > Nau yu sol expliki ba, kom adar adi worda, e gunsa ve go avan!!!
              >
              > Konsti.

            • lingwadeplaneta
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 10, 2012
                Well, after several days we have 200+ entries:

                https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqUEFis10aBLdHVaN2ZORDFURUdOUy1adXlWbE9LV2c#gid=0

                I'd like to share some links that I am using in this work.

                1. The 1st task is to find all meanings of a given word. For this I use The Free Dictionary:
                http://www.thefreedictionary.com/
                I find it to be the best online explanator of English words, better than Wiktionary.
                Also I use my electronic English-Russian dictionary, for full understanding.

                2. The second task is to determine, which meanings are most important (because it is impossible to reflect ALL the meanings, at least at the current stage). Unfortunately the English-Interlingua dictionary we are using isn't good for it: too often it translates, say, "action" simply as "action", without specifying whether it is acting, battle or legal proceeding. So I usually have to consult Dyer's English-Ido dictionary:
                http://idolinguo.org.uk/eniddyer.htm
                where most important distinctions are reflected.

                Is there, in the whole field of conlangs, any English to Something dictionary which would be as good as the Dyer's one?

                All in all, it is going to be a very useful but slow work.

                Dmitry