Shortenings

  • lingwadeplaneta
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2011
      Don't worry, it isn't about any "difficult" shortenings like farka-ney=> farke. It's about some quite obvious variations that may even not require special study.

      One proposal is to allow drop the final -e from adjectives if it's OK with euphony. Ambiguity shouldn't arise. We can have forms like
      jamil
      simil
      real
      dal
      fresh
      nov (e.g. in "Hao nov yar!")
      stran
      favorit
      komik
      din
      vidibil

      Of course, forms like trist or magr (ending in 2 consonants) are questionable, because of pronunciation difficulty. But one consonant at the end, especially L or N, shouldn't create much problems.

      In fact, lidepla already drops (may drop) the final -e from adjectives in two cases:
      1) in compound words, so we already have forms like garibjen (garibe jen), platbota (plate bota).
      2) before the suffix -nik, so we already have forms like novnik.

      One can allow further word derivation from those e-less adjectives, and we'll have shorter forms:

      jamiltaa
      jamilnesa

      realtaa
      realnesa

      freshka (something fresh)
      freshnesa

      novka (cf. the Russian obnovka - a new piece of clothes)

      Attilio already uses "realtaa" (of course, it is the exact Italian word).

      Rafael has suggested some shortenings of particles and prepositions, and I have nothing against those which are obvious, for example, before a vowel:

      ve=> v'
      me v'audi

      he=>h'
      me h'audi

      gwo=> gw'
      me gw'audi

      de=> d'
      freshnesa d'akwa

      After a vowel:

      wud=> 'd
      Me'd go

      es => 's

      There may be arguments pro and contra such variations. On the 1 hand, such variations is adding some complexity. On the other hand, they allow shorter forms and prevent the language from becoming boring with time.

      Swasti!

      Di
    • Attilio Liotto
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 19, 2011

        Chao lidepla-jenes!

        Mayopinem, sey kurtisas es hao, osobem: wud => 'd  e  es => 's:

        wud => 'd
        Me'd go, yu’d returni ku?, ela’d show a yu …

        es => 's

        Me’s somniful, ela’s muy jamil, olo’s yo finen …

        Oli’d yao bi felis, bat to bu’s fasil kosa.

        Evidentem, kun beginer oni show:

        Oli wud yao bi felise, bat to bu es fasile kosa.

        * * *

        Om kutisa avanen vokala:

        VE => v '
        me v'audi
        way non:

        Mev-audi, mev-go, mev-flai, mev-lai afte yu, etf?

        *

        he => h '
        me h'audi

        way non:

        Meh-audi, meh-go, meh-flai, meh-lai avan yu, etf?

        *

        gwo => gw '
        mi gw'audi

        way non:

        Meg-audi, meg-go, meg-flai, meg-lai a roma, etf?

        * * *

        Om:

        de=> d'
        freshnesa d'akwa

         it es muy hao.

        * * *

        Om kwel-worda kun finike vokala, fo italiano es nature yusi it kun, oda sin la finika vokala.

        Pa italiano oni shwo:

        “bello” (jamile) oda “bel” (jamil)

        Buono oda buon “sei un ragazzo buono” oda “sei un buon ragazzo”

        “gentile” oda “gentil” etf.

        *

        Om “realtaa”:

        Ver, me yo yusi "realtaa", sey worda es fo me pyu naturale kem “realita”, sertem to eventi bikos me’s influsen d’italiano, faktem, me yusi toshi “gradualitaa” (ambi worda “realtà” e “gradualità” es worda pa italiano.

        Pa Italiano fon worta “bello” oni derivi i “beltà” = jamiltaa i “bellezza” = jamilnesa.

        Me opini ke pa lidepla oni’d mus yusi i realitaa i realtaa, i gradualitaa, i gradualtaa e toshi jamilinesa, jamilnesa, jamilitaa, jamiltaa.

        Worda pyu, oda meno longe es gro hao in poesia e gana.

        *

        Wordas: garibjen, platbota, novnik, e simil es muy hao.

        Swasti!

        Ati

      • Konstantin Stolyarov
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 19, 2011
          Oli sey abrevas, shayad, naturale fo shwosa.
          In kway kunshwosa olo ve aspekti yus tak.