Re: [lingwadeplaneta] Apposition

  • Attilio Liotto
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2011

      OK un italiano potrà tradurre:

      Pietro il grande = Petro to gran

      Ivan il terribile = Ivan to gran

      Bat un kwesta: way bu yusi “lo”, it yo hev signifa “to kel es”? , also:

      Petro lo gran

      Ivan lo terible

      Kota lo kapter

      Leon lo rega

      Luba lo joisa

      Katia lo amiga de Karlo

      Sey forma es pyu simile a lo yuso de artikla bay lingwas latine e ingle

      Swasti!  Attilio

      2011/5/1 lingwadeplaneta <lingwadeplaneta@...>

      Most of the time appositions aren't a problem: amiga Olivier, Ivan Terible, etc. But there are cases where some medium is desirable to clarify things:
      kota kapter (cat the catcher) is a bit too close to
      kotakapter (catcatcher).

      Leonid from Penza drew my attention to this.

      I think that it's good to have an optional marker for appositions. In my view, TO - that (thing) - could do the job.

      kota to kapter - cat the catcher
      avion to fortesa - a plane that is also a fortress
      luba to joisa - the love which is joy (while luba-joisa is the joy of love)

      I don't think that an obligatory apposition marker as in Vorlin is needed. With proper names usually no problem arises.

      What do you think about it?
      This proposal may still find its place in Edition 1.1.

    • lingwadeplaneta
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2011
        --- In lingwadeplaneta@yahoogroups.com, Attilio Liotto <attilio.liotto@...> wrote:

        > OK un italiano potrà tradurre:
        >
        > Pietro il grande = Petro to gran
        >
        > Ivan il terribile = Ivan to gran

        Hir olo es klare sin eni partikla:
        Petr Mahan
        Ivan Terible

        > Bat un kwesta: way bu yusi "lo", it yo hev signifa "to kel es"? , also:
        >
        > Petro lo gran

        "lo" expresi signifa de generale nosion, sam kom espaniol "lo":
        lo hao - lo bueno
        lo bade - lo malo
        lo gran - lo grande

        Me bu jan komo oni expresi se pa italiano.

        Swasti!

        Dmitri

        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2011
          2011/5/2 lingwadeplaneta <lingwadeplaneta@...>

          "lo" expresi signifa de generale nosion, sam kom espaniol "lo":
          lo hao - lo bueno (pa it. Il bene)
          lo bade - lo malo (pa it. Il male)
          lo gran - lo grande (pa it. Il grande)

          il necessario, e il superfluo

          l’utile e il dilettevole
          ecc.

          bat oni swo ttshi: Lorezo il magnifico,…

          e toshi: (mokem) Marisa la perfettina, Giulio il sapientone,  Rosanna l’innocentina etf.

          Swasti!

          Attilio