he, -te

  • lingwadeplaneta
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2010
      There is a bug in the grammar: it says that "he" and "-te" are the same thing. In reality they are often equivalent but not always: "he" means the completed action while "-te" means the past tense for any action, completed or not. So "-te" is universal while "he" is closer to perfect.

      Me he lekti sey kitaba. – I have read this book.
      Yeri me lekti-te kitaba. – Yesterday I read books or Yesterday I have read the books.

      he pluvi – it has rained (the rain has finished already)
      pluvi-te – it rained or it has rained (completedness is not specified), e.g.:
      Pluvi-te, poy raduga apari-te. - It rained, then rainbow appeared.
      Pluvi-te kada ves ke me lai. - I rained every time that I came.
    • lingwadeplaneta
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2010
        Forgot to add that this bug may be fixed without waiting for the new release, because in some materials the correct state of things is reflected. Thus, in the Russian version of grammatical dictionary it is written:
        he (gramatika)(+zwo)(completed action) Me he yo lekti sey
        kitaba. - I have read this book already.
        te (gramatika)(zwo+)(past tense) Me bu jan-te om to. - I didn't know about that.

        And in the LdP-Esperanta vortaro:

        he — gramatika (jam farita agado)
        Me he lekti tote kitaba yo. — Mi jam legis la tutan libron.

        te — gramatika (preterito)
        Me bu jan-te om to. — Mi ne sciis pri tio.

        --- In lingwadeplaneta@yahoogroups.com, "lingwadeplaneta" <lingwadeplaneta@...> wrote:

        > There is a bug in the grammar: it says that "he" and "-te" are the same thing. In reality they are often equivalent but not always: "he" means the completed action while "-te" means the past tense for any action, completed or not. So "-te" is universal while "he" is closer to perfect.
        >
        > Me he lekti sey kitaba. – I have read this book.
        > Yeri me lekti-te kitaba. – Yesterday I read books or Yesterday I have read the books.
        >
        > he pluvi – it has rained (the rain has finished already)
        > pluvi-te – it rained or it has rained (completedness is not specified), e.g.:
        > Pluvi-te, poy raduga apari-te. - It rained, then rainbow appeared.
        > Pluvi-te kada ves ke me lai. - I rained every time that I came.

      • Attilio Liotto
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2010

          Chao Dimitri

          Also, si me samaji hao yu shwo ke:

          Oni mog yusi “… zai go-te …” bat non “… zai he go …”

          Swasti!

          Atilio

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2010
            Ver!

            (shayad es zuy kurte mesaja in historia de sey grupa)