Chinese-like syntax

  • lingwadeplaneta
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2010
      I am refreshing my Mandarin now, and seeing that the Chinese syntax is very different from European languages, and also from LdP's. So I had an idea how to make things more Chinese-friendly in syntax. One can allow constructions consisting of several groups of words, where the groups are not connected with each other grammatically. A listener is supposed to connect them only logically. It's close to topic-related sentences but not quite.
      A marker delimitating groups is LE.
      Let's see examples.

      Me lai le gro-joi. - Me gro-joi por ke me lai. Me lai, e por to me gro-joi.

      Vidi yu le me joi. - Me joi por/al vidi yu.

      Yu shwo inglish le me pri. - Me pri audi komo yu shwo inglish.

      Sey kosa le wo kupi? - Wo oni kupi-te sey kosa?

      Sey kosa le kupi le basar. - Oni kupi-te sey kosa pa basar.

      Me representi Rusia le go Jungwo le gran konferensa. -
      Me go a Jungwo fo partisipi in gran konfrensa kom representer de Rusia.
      (Btw maybe allow "go+destination" instead of "go a destination")

      Deyfan le chi kwo? - Kwo yu chi-te al deyfan?
      oda: Kwo nu ve chi al deyfan?

      Treba chifan le go fanguan ku?
      Treba chifan, ob nu ve go a koy fanguan?

      Fanguan le jen fumi le me heni.
      In fanguan ye jen kel fumi, e me heni se.

      Sedey apetit yok le chi koy fruta le basta. -
      I don't have appetite today, so perhaps I'll just eat a couple of fruits and that's all.

      Sembli le pluvi. - Sembli ke sal pluvi.

      Write so le more easy le you see ku?