Ivan Vasilievich: Back to the Future, with LdP subtitles

  • lingwadeplaneta
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2010
      The first part:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laGDZSjOT3I
      Enjoy!
      If you have any questions, ask them.

      Almost the whole film is translated by now, only it will take quite a while to make everything.

      Swasti!
    • lingwadeplaneta
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2010
        Parta 2:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd9PGVYklsI

        I am going to have a working bout instead of weekend, so next parts are likely to appear only during the next week.
        My general impression from translating this film is that LdP is powerful and can render almost everything, except for things that are hardly translatable for any language anyway because they require knowledge of certain realities to be properly understood. Another impression is that any song can be translated into LdP with rhythmics preserved.
        Somewhere in the middle even Esperanto shows up! I had no other choice but to use it.
        I think that such translation of films may be of use for learners. Of course, translation of a Russian film is of most use for Russian learners. Maybe next step will be to translate an English or Hindi film.

        Dmitry