Rhyming in LdP

  • lingwadeplaneta
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2010
      Stephen Rice is working on LdP's rhyming dictionary. It is not fully ready yet but what there is already is such a fun that I've uploaded it to the Files section of this Yahoo group. (LdP_rima.txt) I'll replace it with the final version when it's ready.

      I have immediately begun rhyming, and here is a couple of my very, very unpretentious poems.

      BALADA OM LIMONADA

      May kamarada pri limonada
      pyu kem sikada pri livada.

      Wen es garme, ta sidi in shada
      e pi limonada, pi limonada.

      I al fai hunga, i al sta sate
      ta pi limonada, es ya priate.

      Duran ol dey den botela ta suki,
      Poy spuki, den nove botela shuki.

      Ya, toy suluka es originale,
      bat haishi normale, bu tro pagale.

      Tu pri limonada, bu es beda,
      fo pinchan jiva bu es impeda.

      Kan ba: ta sidi pa suy veranda
      kun limonada in desne handa.

      GELA KUN AMBRELA

      Walaa gela kun ambrela
      Zai go-go, bat pluva yok.
      Den ambrela ofni ela,
      Obwol pluva es nullok.

      Strane dela, strane gela.
      Gela tuki bay kabluk,
      Bay ambrela shirmi ela.
      Me bu mog samaji truk.

      Es jamile kom gasela.
      Way yu, gela, akti tak?
      Strane dela, strane gela,
      Shayad pumbe kom bakak.
    • Stephen Rice
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2010
        At the risk of such good reputation as I have, I'll admit that the
        rhyme list can also be used to help produce puns...

        I doubt I'll get any more work done on the list until I finish
        helping Olivier revise the Sambahsa grammar.

        Steve