Ambrela, barana

  • lingwadeplaneta
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2010
      Chao a oli!

      I had an idea to have a special word for FENCE (ital. steccato, palizzata). The reason is, BARIKA may be anything that bars passage, not only fence. If I am not mistaken, Ido has a special root, fenco for that. I suggest BARANA, from the Catalan. What do you think? It resembles "bari", also the Hindi BAR, the Russian ZABOR (both mean "fence"). PALISADA could also be good (it exists in Russian too) but it's a bit longer.

      One more special root instead of formation with -ika may be AMBRELA. You guess what it means. It's "umbrella" in Tok Pisin. PLUVIKA is not bad, but umbrellas are used not only against rain...

      ----

      Thanks to Carlos we've changed SITAR to STARA (sort of combination of STAR and the Hindi TARA), and thanks to Attilio we've taken RAZI for "shave".

      ---

      Where endings have to distinguish sense, I'm inclined to have rather -A vs -U distinctions than -A vs -O. Thus, for example, if we have "senta" for "feeling", then for "cent" I'd take "sentu", not "sento".
      Another example:
      funda (founding) - fundu (fund)
      I think that's how "fundo" is pronounced in Portuguese.

      Swasti!

      Dmitry
    • Carlos Andrés Solís

        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2010

          Chao a oli!

          Hao!

          Le modifiche vanno bene anche secondo me, comunque vi faccio notare che:

          ( in italiano “pluvika” si dice “ombrello o ombrella” e  “ombrello, ombrella, ombrellone” derivano tutti da “ombra” (shadow) non da “pioggia o pluvo”, forse sono stati usati prima per ripararsi dal sole e solo in un secondo tempo usati per ripararsi dalla pioggia) J

          Swasti

          Attilio