Linda Ronstadt Listserv

  • NathanDSTA
    Message 1 of 594 , Oct 14, 1999
      Just in case anyone is interested, there is a
      great listserv dedicated to the discussion of Linda
      Ronstadt. The people on it are, for the most part, highly
      intelligent, well-spoken, and knowledgeable. If you are
      interested, I suggest you check it out: just send an email to
      "Commands@..." with the subject line reading "subscribe digest
      Ronstadt" to recieve one great big email of the day's worth
      of posts, or "subscribe Ronstadt" as the subject
      line to recieve the posts individually as they are
      posted. Enjoy!
    • virek213
      Message 594 of 594 , Apr 30 2:52 PM
        Welcome to the club, Frank.

        Yes, apparently Linda's idea of "retirement" is to go on a summer
        tour, mostly in the big-band style of WHAT'S NEW, though on one
        occasion she will work with the mariachis, and on another--Telluride
        in Colorado--she will guest with longtime pal Emmylou Harris doing
        some bluegrass.

        As for her record company, to my knowledge she is still with
        Elektra, where she has been since 1972. All of us Linda Ronstadt
        fans are constantly guessing what exactly she will do next. Two
        projects seem to be in the offing: a jazz ensemble album, and an
        acoustic Americana one. Which one comes first, of course, is up to
        Linda herself. But it'll be interesting. Stay tuned!

        P.S.: For another side of Linda, pick up the all-star Cajun tribute
        album EVANGELINE MADE. Linda sings harmonies with noted Cajun
        musicologist Ann Savoy on two tracks.

        Erik

        --- In lindaronstadtclub@y..., "frankiedj10" <fdstar@a...> wrote:
        > Hi, I'm Frank from NY and am a big fan of Linda's. I noticed that
        > Linda is touring this summer, there are some dates on
        Pollstar.com.