Re: [lincolnknitters] Re: Cat Bordhi - How To's

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2007
      Amy - glad you got the book.  I have it and I think Barbara got it too.  I really got interested in when she was on  "Knitty Gritty".

      Here is a link to the project she did from the new book http://tinyurl.com/2jxmf2.  This show will re-air on HGTV on September 14 at 6:00 AM.  My DVR is set to record these shows.  Yesterday Wendy's BLOG had a link to this etsy shop and I ordered the lettered stitch markers http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=28680.  As soon as I get the chance I am going to knit the sample small socks from the book.

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2007
        Ack! Yet another reason why I need to convince David that we MUST
        have cable service while I'm on maternity leave.

        Stitch markers are so easy to make, I'll have to see if I have any
        letter beads left over from another project and make some. So, if
        anyone else wants some, let me know and I won't charge anything since
        they're simple and cheap to make.

        I've got so many projects in the queue right now that need to get done
        before that baby boy of mine gets any bigger! So, it'll be a while
        before I start on any new socks, but they sure do look interesting. I
        have Amber to thank for my purchase of the book. I had gone in to The
        Yarn Shop the other day while I was in town to see if they had a copy
        of Interweave Knits Fall since I couldn't find it at B&N. Yep, that
        was a mistake. I dropped a lot more cash than what I had planned, and
        still didn't get a copy of the magazine!

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2007
          Amy you certainly are creative.

          I noticed in the last newsletter that I got from The Yarn Shop (Threads) that they now have the magazine.

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2007
            I saw that too in the newsletter. In fact, I think I was the reason
            Amber decided to add that in. I had told her how hard of a time I had
            been having trying to find it and that I thought that they would have
            it for sure (she informed me that Salli had called to find out where
            the shipment was since I wasn't the only one who had come in asking
            for a copy). Anyway, I had my mom check B&N this past Saturday for it
            during her weekly trip for books and coffee and she picked up a copy
            for me. (Now I have to try to find the Nashua pattern that's
            advertised in there since she fell head over heals for it and didn't
            realize that she was looking at an advertisement and that the pattern
            wasn't part of the issue.)