New Tricks

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2007
      Well never say you are too old to learn new tricks.  I have long knitted socks in the most traditional of ways - dpn's (5) and cuff down.  I have tried the two circulars, magic loop, and toe up but never was comfortable with it and didn't like the results.

      Now I think I have hit on a combination of things that will make toe up socks and two circulars do able for me.

      1) The Turkish Toe - finally a toe up cast-on that I find easy and like the results. I think well explained here:

      2) Wendy Johnson of http://www.wendyknits.net/ has also been a devotee of dpn's but she tried Knitpicks 16" circulars and
          declared them a likeable.  I have now tried them too and think they make the Turkish cast-on so much easier and I think I will
          like knitting the entire sock on them.

      Like Wendy with all this hot weather it has been The Summer of Socks - none of that hot fiber sitting on your lap.  My kitties too are even finding it too hot for lap sitting.

      Mary Pat
      =(^..^)=
      You can never have too much yarn, or too many cats!