Re: [lincolnknitters] Fwd: Anfrage von www.wollsucht.de

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 21, 2007
      Is the jump in price for shipping is because more than one sweater worth of yarn won't fit in a registered letter envelope?  It looks like there won't be a saving on shipping unless at least 3 people order yarn.

      Amy-I think I'm going to have to pass.  Carl talked me out of it.  I'll have to live vicariously through you!

      Christy

      Elizabeth Bracken <eabracken@...> wrote:
      Oh, sorry!  I thought you were asking for the conversion rate.  The shipping sounds high to me.  Does it to you?

      On 6/20/07, Mary Pat Miller < marypat@inebraska. com> wrote:
      It looks to me like this is about $40.60 for the sweater and about 19.50 for the shipping for one and 50 for three?  I am pretty OK using the converter program on the commuter; but I just wasn't clear what prices were being quoted.

      mp

      From: wollsucht@email. de < wollsucht@email. de>
      Date: Jun 18, 2007 8:54 AM
      Subject: Re: Anfrage von www.wollsucht. de
      To: Amy bacon < amypurls@gmail. com>

      Hi Amy,

      thank you for your mail.

      Splitting the shipping costs between all of you sounds very goog, so if you chose enough yarn for 3 sweaters for example, I can ship this as a parcel for 37 Euro, you have a tracking code and you have insurance (no airmail) or for 47 Euro (tracking code, insurance and airmal)

      Kind regards,
      Uta

      www.woll-sucht. de

      > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht--- --

      Hi Uta,

      > That sounds reasonable.  I do have one more question for you before I place my order.  On Saturday, during my knitting guild meeting, I had mentioned that I was in contact with you in regards to ordering this yarn for Ruth's sweater.  Several of my guild members expressed an interest in ordering as well at the same time, so that we could split the shipping costs amongst us.  If you are unable to do this, then I will just forward them your contact information so that they can order the yarn on their own schedule, but could you give me a quote for shipping on enough yarn for 2-3 sweaters?  I think this will give my guild members a good idea of what they would like to spend on shipping.
      >

      > Thanks!
      > Amy
      >

      > On 6/17/07, wollsucht@email. de <wollsucht@email. de
      > > wrote:Hi Amy,
      > thnak you for your mail.
      > If I send you 2 x 300 g, the yarn price for you (no VAT included) is 30,26 Euro, this will still fit into a registered letter for 14,50 Euro shipping costs (airmail, insurance up to 25 Euro)
      >
      > The yarn comes along in hanks and is an 8/2 one, this is 400 meters per 100 g.
      > You will have enough yarn then for a large version of Ruth s pattern and can still have a rest for a felted bag etc (the yarn felts perectly, I have some objects in my foto album of the projects, customers made (if it doesn t open automatically, please click on the little blue word "hier", means  the same as your word "here": http://fotoalbum. web.de/gast/ greuta/von_ Kundinnen_ gestrickt
      > If I can help you in any way, just let me know.
      > Kind regardss,
      > Uta

    • Shawn
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 21, 2007
        Good morning!

        It looks like there is quite an interest in the Kauni Yarn. I also
        have been looking at it online.

        Another site where you can buy it is: www.astridsdutchobsessions.com/
        (click on handknitting yarn along the left side of your screen, and
        you will see Kauni yarn listed). I know we were talking about this
        last night.

        I ordered about 1200 grams of yarn from her earlier this spring,
        received it in 3 weeks and only paid $19.50 in shipping. This is just
        another option.

        She sells it by the yardage, and thus each skein has a slightly
        different price. Most are around $20 for 1100 yards. She has both the
        solid colors as well as the rainbowed ones.

        She has sold out of it even before her orders are in. She is taking
        Pre-orders now. Her prices are in US currency, and shipping is as
        follows:

        Shipping costs world wide
        Letterbox mail Priority*
        * 0-80 grams $ 4.50
        * 81-225grams $ 8.50
        * 226-475 grams $ 15.50

        Letterbox mail Priority Signed for and insured
        * 0-80 grams $ 10.95
        * 81-225 grams $ 13.95
        * 226-475 grams $ 19.95

        Letterbox mail Standard flat rate (no insurance possible)*
        * 0-225 grams $ 7.50
        * 226-475 grams 11.95

        Parcels Priority*
        * 0-225 grams $ 9.95 (1 or 2x 100-grams)
        * 226-475 grams $ 15.50 (3 or 4x 100-grams)
        * 475-1800 grams $ 28.95 (5 up to and incl. 18x 100-grams)

        Parcels Priority Signed for and insured
        * 0-225 grams $ 13.95 (1 or 2x 100-grams)
        * 226-475 grams $ 19.95 (3 or 4x 100-grams)
        * 475-1800 grams 29.95 (5 up to and incl. 18x 100-grams)
        * 1801-4700 grams 39.95 (20 up to and incl. 47x 100-grams)

        Parcels Standard flat rate (no insurance possible, 2-8 weeks delivery
        time)*
        * 0-225 grams $ 7.50 (1 or 2x 100-grams)
        * 226-475 grams $ 11.95 (3 or 4x 100-grams)
        * 475-1800 grams$ 19.50 (5 up to and incl. 18x 100-grams)

        Delivery times for USA/Canada/Australia as stated by TPG Post (Dutch
        Mail Company)

        Priority and Priority signed for and insured: 1-2 weeks

        Standard flat rate: 2-8 weeks. Most parcels will be delivered in 2-3
        weeks, but experiences learned that in exceptional cases they can take
        7-8 weeks)

        Just wanted to give everyone another option for this great yarn.

        Shawn