Amy's "Bacon Bit"

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 6, 2007
      We have a LincolnKnitters tradition to have a lunch to celebrate the birth of babies born to our members.  Amy Bacon is expecting a baby boy in August .

      Put July 7th on your calendar this is the first Saturday in July and we will meet at Wilderness Ridge at 1:00.  This will take place before our usual Saturday gathering at Wilderness Perk.

      Please let me know by July 5th if you are planning to attend so that I can make a reservation.  If you have any questions you can contact me at marypat@....

      Thank you,
      Mary Pat

    • cali0106
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
        Sorry I cannot attend an early event on July 7th. DD and I are doing
        a LUX art class that day. We do plan to attend the 'Perk' meeting
        afterward.

        Speaking of babies, has this group done the EZ's baby surprise? There
        is a KnitBabySurprise Yahoo group...

        Is(are) there group favorite(s) for baby sweater, hat, bootie, sock
        pattern(s)? I have a few favorites, but would really like to see what
        the group likes.

        Thanks,
        Anne
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
          My favorite baby sweater pattern (and it's become my "signature" gift) is the Hug Me pattern from Brown Sheep.  I think there are some pictures of some of them in the site's photo section.  I have done so many that I've lost count.  I think I'm on number 19 or 20.  It's my knit-while-traveling project because I have the pattern memorized!

          And yes, a lot of us (but not me) have done EZ's baby surprise.  You should be flooded with comments on that one shortly!

          Anne, are you going to knit in the Haymarket tomorrow?

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
            A few of us have done the baby surprise sweater and I think there may be some pictures online. There may be favorite patterns--it seems like at least one or two people always have a baby item on the needles. Hope to see (meet?) you at the Perk sometime.
            Joanne

            cali0106 <cali0106@...> wrote:
            Sorry I cannot attend an early event on July 7th. DD and I are doing
            a LUX art class that day. We do plan to attend the 'Perk' meeting
            afterward.

            Speaking of babies, has this group done the EZ's baby surprise? There
            is a KnitBabySurprise Yahoo group...

            Is(are) there group favorite(s) for baby sweater, hat, bootie, sock
            pattern(s)? I have a few favorites, but would really like to see what
            the group likes.

            Thanks,
            Anne

            Got a little couch potato?

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
              I've been doing a lot of the Mason Dixon Baby Bibs O' Love and really like
              them. I got the MD pack from Peaches and Cream and really love the colors.

              http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/mason_dixon_prepack_kit.htm

              j.

              > Sorry I cannot attend an early event on July 7th. DD and I are doing
              > a LUX art class that day. We do plan to attend the 'Perk' meeting
              > afterward.
              >
              > Speaking of babies, has this group done the EZ's baby surprise? There
              > is a KnitBabySurprise Yahoo group...
              >
              > Is(are) there group favorite(s) for baby sweater, hat, bootie, sock
              > pattern(s)? I have a few favorites, but would really like to see what
              > the group likes.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Anne
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • cali0106
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
                Thanks. I really *should* have looked at the photo gallery before I
                asked. My sincere apologies to the group.

                My favorite baby sweater is a simple top-down raglan. Here is a
                favorite baby sock:
                http://www.socknitters.com/PATTERNS/bluebaby.htm

                Looking forward to meeting & KIPping with you tomrrow.
                Anne
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
                  We had a BSS - KAL.

                  You can check out the pictures in our yahoogroup.