Re: [lincolnknitters] Re: New Member Intro.

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
      Christy is right!  About EVERYTHING!!

      On 6/1/07, Christy Nelson <sra_nelson@...> wrote:

      We're totally meeting tomorrow!  June is going to be a fabulous knitting month.  Three weeks in a row!

      Hope you can make it, Amy!  Looking forward to meeting all the new members, too!

      Christy
      craftyconservative.blogspot.com

      Amy Bacon <amypurls@...> wrote:
      Welcome!

      Wow, just started knitting last summer and you've already defeated the
      Pomo-whats-its?! I'm impressed (of course, I've started and frogged
      those socks 3 times now...)

      Someone will have to back me up on this one, but I was under the
      impression that we wouldn't be meeting at Wilderness Perk this weekend
      due to the WWKIP event next Saturday, but I've missed all of May's
      meet-ups, so I could be wrong. Hopefully Liz or MP will chime in on
      this one.

      --- In lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Shawn" <clearbrook72@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I just joined the group. I started knitting last summer, so have
      > only been knitting for a year now. I love it! I took a class at
      > Threads and haven't stopped since.
      >
      > Just this week I have finished a pair of baby socks, a baby sweater
      > (minus the buttons), one in a pair of Pomotamus socks, and half of the
      > other.
      >
      > I also have started a shrug for my daughter, and a baby hat.
      >
      > I think I really like socks because they are fairly quick and I can
      > try out new stitches on a smaller scale.
      >
      > Oh, yeah, I work at the university on East campus, I have 2 kids (10yo
      > boy, 7yo girl), and am a single mom.
      >
      > I will try to make it to the get together tomorrow at Wilderness Perk.
      > I can't wait to meet everyone.
      >
      > Thanks for letting me join this group,
      > Shawn (Clearbrook72)

      Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2007
        I think she deserves a BLUE RIBBON!  ;)

        Amy Bacon <amypurls@gmail. com> wrote:
        Welcome!

        Wow, just started knitting last summer and you've already defeated the
        Pomo-whats-its? ! I'm impressed (of course, I've started and frogged
        those socks 3 times now...)

        Someone will have to back me up on this one, but I was under the
        impression that we wouldn't be meeting at Wilderness Perk this weekend
        due to the WWKIP event next Saturday, but I've missed all of May's
        meet-ups, so I could be wrong. Hopefully Liz or MP will chime in on
        this one.

        --- In lincolnknitters@ yahoogroups. com, "Shawn" <clearbrook72@ ...> wrote:

        > Hi, I just joined the group. I started knitting last summer, so have
        > only been knitting for a year now. I love it! I took a class at
        > Threads and haven't stopped since.
        >
        > Just this week I have finished a pair of baby socks, a baby sweater
        > (minus the buttons), one in a pair of Pomotamus socks, and half of the
        > other.
        >
        > I also have started a shrug for my daughter, and a baby hat.
        >
        > I think I really like socks because they are fairly quick and I can
        > try out new stitches on a smaller scale.
        >
        > Oh, yeah, I work at the university on East campus, I have 2 kids (10yo
        > boy, 7yo girl), and am a single mom.
        >
        > I will try to make it to the get together tomorrow at Wilderness Perk.
        > I can't wait to meet everyone.
        >
        > Thanks for letting me join this group,
        > Shawn (Clearbrook72)

        Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

        Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2007
          Nuts! I just now got this message, after dropping Ali off at the pool
          (yes, I know it's too cold to swim, but try telling an 8 year old
          that!) and I need to stick around to pick her up in a couple of hours
          since David is helping his sister move today.

          I'll be with you guys in spirit as I work on the sockapalooza socks
          this afternoon while I wait for paint to dry. And, I'll definitely
          see you next Saturday!!!

          --- In lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com, Christy Nelson