New Member Intro.

  • Shawn
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
      Hi, I just joined the group. I started knitting last summer, so have
      only been knitting for a year now. I love it! I took a class at
      Threads and haven't stopped since.

      Just this week I have finished a pair of baby socks, a baby sweater
      (minus the buttons), one in a pair of Pomotamus socks, and half of the
      other.

      I also have started a shrug for my daughter, and a baby hat.

      I think I really like socks because they are fairly quick and I can
      try out new stitches on a smaller scale.

      Oh, yeah, I work at the university on East campus, I have 2 kids (10yo
      boy, 7yo girl), and am a single mom.

      I will try to make it to the get together tomorrow at Wilderness Perk.
      I can't wait to meet everyone.

      Thanks for letting me join this group,
      Shawn (Clearbrook72)
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
        Welcome!

        Wow, just started knitting last summer and you've already defeated the
        Pomo-whats-its?! I'm impressed (of course, I've started and frogged
        those socks 3 times now...)

        Someone will have to back me up on this one, but I was under the
        impression that we wouldn't be meeting at Wilderness Perk this weekend
        due to the WWKIP event next Saturday, but I've missed all of May's
        meet-ups, so I could be wrong. Hopefully Liz or MP will chime in on
        this one.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
          We're totally meeting tomorrow!  June is going to be a fabulous knitting month.  Three weeks in a row!

          Hope you can make it, Amy!  Looking forward to meeting all the new members, too!

          Christy
          craftyconservative.blogspot.com

          Amy Bacon <amypurls@...> wrote:
          Welcome!

          Wow, just started knitting last summer and you've already defeated the
          Pomo-whats-its? ! I'm impressed (of course, I've started and frogged
          those socks 3 times now...)

          Someone will have to back me up on this one, but I was under the
          impression that we wouldn't be meeting at Wilderness Perk this weekend
          due to the WWKIP event next Saturday, but I've missed all of May's
          meet-ups, so I could be wrong. Hopefully Liz or MP will chime in on
          this one.

          --- In lincolnknitters@ yahoogroups. com, "Shawn" <clearbrook72@ ...> wrote:

          > Hi, I just joined the group. I started knitting last summer, so have
          > only been knitting for a year now. I love it! I took a class at
          > Threads and haven't stopped since.
          >
          > Just this week I have finished a pair of baby socks, a baby sweater
          > (minus the buttons), one in a pair of Pomotamus socks, and half of the
          > other.
          >
          > I also have started a shrug for my daughter, and a baby hat.
          >
          > I think I really like socks because they are fairly quick and I can
          > try out new stitches on a smaller scale.
          >
          > Oh, yeah, I work at the university on East campus, I have 2 kids (10yo
          > boy, 7yo girl), and am a single mom.
          >
          > I will try to make it to the get together tomorrow at Wilderness Perk.
          > I can't wait to meet everyone.
          >
          > Thanks for letting me join this group,
          > Shawn (Clearbrook72)

          Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
            Christy is right!  About EVERYTHING!!

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2007
              I think she deserves a BLUE RIBBON!  ;)

              Amy Bacon <amypurls@gmail. com> wrote:
              Welcome!

              Wow, just started knitting last summer and you've already defeated the
              Pomo-whats-its? ! I'm impressed (of course, I've started and frogged
              those socks 3 times now...)

              Someone will have to back me up on this one, but I was under the
              impression that we wouldn't be meeting at Wilderness Perk this weekend
              due to the WWKIP event next Saturday, but I've missed all of May's
              meet-ups, so I could be wrong. Hopefully Liz or MP will chime in on
              this one.

              --- In lincolnknitters@ yahoogroups. com, "Shawn" <clearbrook72@ ...> wrote:

              > Hi, I just joined the group. I started knitting last summer, so have
              > only been knitting for a year now. I love it! I took a class at
              > Threads and haven't stopped since.
              >
              > Just this week I have finished a pair of baby socks, a baby sweater
              > (minus the buttons), one in a pair of Pomotamus socks, and half of the
              > other.
              >
              > I also have started a shrug for my daughter, and a baby hat.
              >
              > I think I really like socks because they are fairly quick and I can
              > try out new stitches on a smaller scale.
              >
              > Oh, yeah, I work at the university on East campus, I have 2 kids (10yo
              > boy, 7yo girl), and am a single mom.
              >
              > I will try to make it to the get together tomorrow at Wilderness Perk.
              > I can't wait to meet everyone.
              >
              > Thanks for letting me join this group,
              > Shawn (Clearbrook72)

              Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

              Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 2, 2007
                Nuts! I just now got this message, after dropping Ali off at the pool
                (yes, I know it's too cold to swim, but try telling an 8 year old
                that!) and I need to stick around to pick her up in a couple of hours
                since David is helping his sister move today.

                I'll be with you guys in spirit as I work on the sockapalooza socks
                this afternoon while I wait for paint to dry. And, I'll definitely
                see you next Saturday!!!

                --- In lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com, Christy Nelson