Hokie Healing: Calling all Knitters and Crocheters!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2007
      Hokie Healing: Calling all Knitters and Crocheters! Hello! I'm sending this email to all of the knitters and crocheters I know. Please forward it on!

      Hokie Healing Needs Squares!
      Mosaic Yarn Shop in Blacksburg, VA (mosaicyarnshop.blogspot.com) is collecting 8 x 8 inch squares to assemble into blankets for the families of the fallen Hokies. The squares can be knitted or crocheted in maroon, burnt orange, white or black out of the nicest, softest yarn you can afford. For you advanced knitters out there, Talk is Sheep (talkissheep.blogspot.com) is putting together an intarsia Hokie pattern.

      Free Shipping to Blacksburg!
      I am collecting squares and will ship them to Mosaic Yarn at the end of May. I'd love to overwhelm them with wooly love from The Heartland! All you need to do is drop your squares off to me at the following events:

      - Saturday, May 5th at Wilderness Perk from 3-5 pm (www.wildernessperk.com)
      - Saturday, May 21st at the Omaha Public Library on 15th Street from 11 am - 1 pm (www.omahapubliclibrary.org)
      - Wednesday, May 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th at Westminster Presbyterian Church from 7-9 pm. (westminsterlincoln.org)

      If you can’t make one of those events, let me know and we’ll make other drop off plans or you can always send directly to Mosaic Yarns. Check my blog for more information throughout the month of May. www.kundhicreative.com/lincolnblog

      Hokie Colored Yarn!
      I'm sure most of you have at least some black or white yarn in your stash for a square or two, but for those who need maroon and burnt orange, Sue Quambusch from Yarn for All is planning to do a group order from Brown Sheep:

      Autumn Harvest: orange
      Medieval Red: maroon
      Onyx: black
      White Frost: white

      All colors come in both worsted weight (190 yds, needle size 8) and bulky weight (125 yds, needle size 10 1/2). Cost is $5.45 a skein plus shipping (which will be divided among those who get in on the group order). Contact her at squam@... or 402-483-1227 by Thursday, 10 am to get in on the group order.

      Help Spread the Word!
      Let’s make sure the Hokie Nation knows that they are in our thoughts! Forward this to any knitters and crocheters you know. They don't need to be in Nebraska--they can always send squares directly to Mosaic Yarn. I'm just trying to make it easy for my fellow Nebraskans to contribute to this great project.

      Thanks!

      Julie Kundhi (Sister of a Hokie alum. Go Hokies!)
      http://kundhicreative.com/lincolnblog/