Saturday Meet Up

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 7, 2006
      The Redskins are in the playoffs, and I didn't realize until right now that
      the game is today at 3:30!

      I'll try to make the next meet up. Have fun.

      Go Skins!

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 9, 2006

        Saturday when the group met, one of the topics we discussed was our meeting location and time. The Mill is nice, but the sun shines in our eyes and then when it goes down, it is too dark to see to knit. So we decided to meet next time ( Jan uary 21) at Barnes & Noble over at South Pointe. We also changed the time from 3:30 to 3:00 so everyone can leave around 5:00 and have time to get home and fix supper. We’ll try this arrangement once and see how it goes and then we will decide whether to continue on that path or try another such as meeting at Panera Bread or Braeda.

        Julie, we’re glad to see your team won. May they go all the way to the Super Bowl and win. J

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 9, 2006
          Re: [lincolnknitters] Saturday Meet Up - January 21 Thanks! We're excited. Maybe next time they won't play during Knitting Meet Up!

          Barnes and Noble sounds great! It does tend to get busy on Saturdays, but I haven't been over in awhile.

          There's a really nice coffee shop called Wilderness Perk http://www.wildernessperk.com/ at Pine Lake and 14th St. Their busy time is in the morning, and it's usually pretty quiet and empty on Saturday afternoons. It's about a block west of South Pointe. Just something to consider if B&N is too busy.

          Julie

          Saturday when the group met, one of the topics we discussed was our meeting location and time. The Mill is nice, but the sun shines in our eyes and then when it goes down, it is too dark to see to knit. So we decided to meet next time (January 21) at Barnes & Noble over at South Pointe. We also changed the time from 3:30 to 3:00 so everyone can leave around 5:00 and have time to get home and fix supper. We’ll try this arrangement once and see how it goes and then we will decide whether to continue on that path or try another such as meeting at Panera Bread or Braeda.

          Julie, we’re glad to see your team won. May they go all the way to the Super Bowl and win. J

          Craft hobby <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Lincoln+nebraska&w4=Knitting&w5=Craft&c=5&s=92&.sig=_fJJR0Qls4GIWV7yC5dlQw> Hobby and craft supply <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Lincoln+nebraska&w4=Knitting&w5=Craft&c=5&s=92&.sig=3v1g6xvKrC7oMX1I2zdq8Q> Lincoln nebraska <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Lincoln+nebraska&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Lincoln+nebraska&w4=Knitting&w5=Craft&c=5&s=92&.sig=Crd1-rMfd6eqrrgKTdEraw>
          Knitting <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Knitting&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Lincoln+nebraska&w4=Knitting&w5=Craft&c=5&s=92&.sig=8YDygtg6tlOiddI6ZzkQnA> Craft <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Craft&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Lincoln+nebraska&w4=Knitting&w5=Craft&c=5&s=92&.sig=cckDKt8rRJh_0K17-4D3AA>

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • Patsy Anderson
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 9, 2006
            Re: [lincolnknitters] Saturday Meet Up - January 21
            Maybe if we get there and B&N  is busy and we wait until we know everyone is going to come then we could head over to Wilderness Perk.

            Patsy

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 9, 2006
              Hello Knitters,
              I have not been to a meet-up since Oct. 2004--I think it was the first time the group met at the Mill on South 48th. I have been following along with the discussion about where to meet on Jan. 21st, and I am hoping to finally make it. All of the new places suggested sound good to me, too. Hope to be able to make it on the 21st.
              Joanne

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 9, 2006
                Joanne,

                I don't think I remember you. I started in the spring of that year I think. It has been hard to meet at times. We still meet on the first Saturday of the month to, so getting together twice a month is fun.

                Hope to see you the 21st.

                Patsy