Re: [lincolnknitters] Continentenal Knitting

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2007
      Re: [lincolnknitters] Continentenal Knitting Wow. That thumb purl is cool.

      j.

      Hi Lauren,

      Welcome to our group and I hope that you will consider joining us on the third Saturday of the month too.

      I don't know a lot about continetenal knitting because I am a thrower; however, there are some good sites on the Internet.  Since everyone has a different way of learning perhaps looking at these sites and videos will help you and anyone else interested in this method.

      There are several different ways of knitting continentenal and you will notice that these videos are not exactly the same.  You need to find the way that works for you.  If continentenal doesn't become natural to you we can always teach you to throw.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuRLFl36tDY - The best demo I have seen.

      http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/knit.php (This site is an excellent source of many different knitting techniques)

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPxOxYhfGec   This video demos the thumb method of purling that is currently considered the best.

      Hope this helps.