RE:ball winder/swift

  • Mary Robi
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 12, 2005
      Hi!

      I also ordered a ball winder online. It's been a few years, so I don't
      remember where I ordered it from. I order yarn supplies from the Woolery,
      Halcyon Yarns or the Yarn Barn in Lawrence KS. They have about the same
      prices.

      Anyway, it was cheaper than the one I saw at Threads. I try to support
      Threads as much as I can, but there seems to be a history of month-long+
      waits whenever you order from there. The owner always offers to order for
      me, and I haven't yet had the courage to let her know that I can do that
      myself, get it faster, and often it's cheaper and sometimes shipping is
      free.

      I think the problem with Threads ordering for you is that as a vendor, she
      has to wait until she can meet the supplier's dollar or quantity minimun.

      My DH bought me a yarn swift for Chrismas a few years ago. We now have one
      of those family pictures that will always be laughed about - Mom using her
      swift as an umbrella. 8-) Before the swift, I had skeins jumping out of
      whatever I put them in and/or having a tangled mess to deal with before I
      finally got the skein morphed into the center-pull ball. I can put a sticky
      mohair yarn on my swift and wind it with no problems.

      Hope everyone is surviving the shopping blitz. I haven't started the in-town
      shopping yet. Yuuuuk! I totally understand why people shop on-line for
      Christmas!

      Mary

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 7, 2006
        The Redskins are in the playoffs, and I didn't realize until right now that
        the game is today at 3:30!

        I'll try to make the next meet up. Have fun.

        Go Skins!

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 9, 2006

          Saturday when the group met, one of the topics we discussed was our meeting location and time. The Mill is nice, but the sun shines in our eyes and then when it goes down, it is too dark to see to knit. So we decided to meet next time ( Jan uary 21) at Barnes & Noble over at South Pointe. We also changed the time from 3:30 to 3:00 so everyone can leave around 5:00 and have time to get home and fix supper. We’ll try this arrangement once and see how it goes and then we will decide whether to continue on that path or try another such as meeting at Panera Bread or Braeda.

          Julie, we’re glad to see your team won. May they go all the way to the Super Bowl and win. J

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 9, 2006
            Re: [lincolnknitters] Saturday Meet Up - January 21 Thanks! We're excited. Maybe next time they won't play during Knitting Meet Up!

            Barnes and Noble sounds great! It does tend to get busy on Saturdays, but I haven't been over in awhile.

            There's a really nice coffee shop called Wilderness Perk http://www.wildernessperk.com/ at Pine Lake and 14th St. Their busy time is in the morning, and it's usually pretty quiet and empty on Saturday afternoons. It's about a block west of South Pointe. Just something to consider if B&N is too busy.

            Julie

            Saturday when the group met, one of the topics we discussed was our meeting location and time. The Mill is nice, but the sun shines in our eyes and then when it goes down, it is too dark to see to knit. So we decided to meet next time (January 21) at Barnes & Noble over at South Pointe. We also changed the time from 3:30 to 3:00 so everyone can leave around 5:00 and have time to get home and fix supper. We’ll try this arrangement once and see how it goes and then we will decide whether to continue on that path or try another such as meeting at Panera Bread or Braeda.

            Julie, we’re glad to see your team won. May they go all the way to the Super Bowl and win. J

            Craft hobby <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Lincoln+nebraska&w4=Knitting&w5=Craft&c=5&s=92&.sig=_fJJR0Qls4GIWV7yC5dlQw> Hobby and craft supply <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Lincoln+nebraska&w4=Knitting&w5=Craft&c=5&s=92&.sig=3v1g6xvKrC7oMX1I2zdq8Q> Lincoln nebraska <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Lincoln+nebraska&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Lincoln+nebraska&w4=Knitting&w5=Craft&c=5&s=92&.sig=Crd1-rMfd6eqrrgKTdEraw>
            Knitting <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Knitting&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Lincoln+nebraska&w4=Knitting&w5=Craft&c=5&s=92&.sig=8YDygtg6tlOiddI6ZzkQnA> Craft <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Craft&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Lincoln+nebraska&w4=Knitting&w5=Craft&c=5&s=92&.sig=cckDKt8rRJh_0K17-4D3AA>

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          • Patsy Anderson
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 9, 2006
              Re: [lincolnknitters] Saturday Meet Up - January 21
              Maybe if we get there and B&N  is busy and we wait until we know everyone is going to come then we could head over to Wilderness Perk.

              Patsy

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 9, 2006
                Hello Knitters,
                I have not been to a meet-up since Oct. 2004--I think it was the first time the group met at the Mill on South 48th. I have been following along with the discussion about where to meet on Jan. 21st, and I am hoping to finally make it. All of the new places suggested sound good to me, too. Hope to be able to make it on the 21st.
                Joanne

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 9, 2006
                  Joanne,

                  I don't think I remember you. I started in the spring of that year I think. It has been hard to meet at times. We still meet on the first Saturday of the month to, so getting together twice a month is fun.

                  Hope to see you the 21st.

                  Patsy