Re: [lincolnknitters] Need suggestions

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 4, 2007
      If it were me knitting this, I would rip it back to the first color change (noted in the cheat sheet) and use the second skein for the stripes.  It is a complimentary color and the same yarn so I think it would look nice.  Otherwise, I would try my best to find another skein online but the chances of you being able to find a skein with the exact colors you need seem pretty slim.  At this point, I don't think you're going to be able to avoid some frogging some of it.  At least it is only halfway done and not 2/3, right?

      Christy

      Elizabeth Bracken <eabracken@...> wrote:
      I am probably the least qualified to answer since I'm not knitting a BSS.  BUT (since when does that stop me from offering advice?) I would suggest suggest looking for this yarn on-line before you give up completely.  I can't picture it with two different yarns.  I think you'd be disappointed in how it turned out.

      On 2/4/07, Amy Bacon <amypurls@gmail. com > wrote:
      Hi ladies!

      As some of you know, I am going to run out of yarn for the BSS. My
      original plan was to have a girl version and a boy version out of
      these two skeins. I don't feel that I can combine the two because of
      the dramatic variations in the hand-dyed yarn. (This is the yarn that
      I wound at our last guild meeting.) So, I need suggestions on yarns
      that could go with what I've already got started.

      Christy, Joanne and Liz will probably be able to offer the best advice
      since they got to see how far I am in the pattern and the colors
      within the yarn. Julie was busy helping Lauren yesterday, so I'm not
      sure if she paid close attention to what was on my needles.

      Anyway, any suggestions would be most welcome and appreciated. I
      really would hate to have frog my progress (as I have hit the halfway
      point), but I'm not having any luck with the Wool in the Woods girls
      getting back to me about a similar textured yarn since they no longer
      offer what I have.

      Thanks in advance!
      ~Amy

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 4, 2007
          Re: [lincolnknitters] Need suggestions An extra cent: I agree with Joanne and Christy.

          j.

          On 2/4/07, Amy Bacon <amypurls@...  <mailto:amypurls@...> > wrote:

[...]

          Any questions?  Get answers on any topic at Yahoo! Answers <http://answers.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU0NTEwOARfcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2VjA21haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWcx> . Try it now.

          Need Mail bonding?
          Go to the Yahoo! Mail Q <http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU0NTEwOARfcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2VjA21haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWcx?link=ask&sid=396546091>  for great tips from Yahoo! Answers <http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU0NTEwOARfcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2VjA21haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWcx?link=ask&sid=396546091>  users.

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 4, 2007
            Liz- I've looked, googled, ebayed, whatever, and I can't seem to find
            another skein. Even the colorways look different. For example-- I
            have Del Sol in Lottery. I found several versions of Lottery in a
            different fiber content that are deep jewel tones according to the
            pictures. Granted, I'm sure there are difference with monitor color
            and cameras used, but three different ebay listings that don't match
            what I've got in my hand? Of course, this yarn has been chilling in
            my stash for over a year, possibly two.

            Christy, Joanne and Julie- I was afraid that you would say that. I
            had tossed that idea around as well, and I'm just not sure I would be
            happy with the finished version. What I've got on the needles right
            now is working up to be such a pretty piece of cloth with the color
            changes so subtle, I'm afraid that any changes as the cheat sheet
            suggests would ruin the Zen-like quality I feel from the piece.
            Either that or my crazy pregnant hormones is refusing to let me think
            that it could turn out beautiful with any other yarn besides this.

            Ok, I guess I'll just do a "wanted" blog post to see if someone out
            there in cyber land would happen to have any of this.

            Thanks girls!

            --- In lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Bracken"

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 4, 2007
              Amy---look at this site.  http://knit-together.com/plog-1.0.1/index.php?op=Default&postCategoryId=2&blogId=1

              There's a picture of Lottery.  What you would have to do is send the snip of yarn to the shop to see if they have any that come close.  I think the trick is to find someone who sells it in the first place and then contact them.  You'd have more luck than with eBay, I'm sure.

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 4, 2007
                Amy,

                When I was looking for my extra Mission Falls, I sent out "in search of"
                emails to a whole bunch of yarn stores to see if anyone had it. Then I got
                on the phone. It took awhile, but with a little persistence, I found 15
                balls in my same dyelot that I purchased last summer! Start by sending a
                message to the folks who are selling Wool in the Woods on eBay. Maybe they
                have some in their stash that they don't have listed.

                http://myworld.ebay.com/getknitty
                http://myworld.ebay.com/love2shop51

                Then send an email to the stores listed on the Wool in the Woods retailers
                page who have a url listed.

                Finally, pick up the phone and start calling the rest.

                That is, if you are serious about getting more of this colorway.

                Good luck!

                j.

                p.s. If you can't bear to rip back, ask someone else to do it. Liz makes
                ripping back pretty painless, isn't that right, Liz? It's just like tearing
                off a bandaid really quick. ;)

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 4, 2007
                  Ha!  Yes, the band-aid analogy is good.  It's also like going swimming---do you ease into the cold water and torture yourself for five minutes or do you just JUMP right in and the shock lasts only three seconds. :)