KAL

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 8, 2007
      Hi knitting friends,

      I am just throwing this out there but I noticed that many of us are knitting baby things.  Barbara has two grandkids on the way, Liz is always knitting little things, Christy, Julie, and Tana have young ones and Jane was knitting for a nephew.  I have a good friend expecting in February.

      Would you consider maybe doing Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby surprise (or another project) was a KAL?  I thought maybe it would be fun to see what everyone came up with and this pattern lends itself to a lot of variations.  I have a Knitter's magazine with the modified and easier version.

      Mary Pat
    • Barbara McCall
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 8, 2007
        As long as it is a stash project, I'm in!

        From: "Mary Pat Miller" <marypat@...>
        To: LINcolnknitters@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Mon, Jan-8-2007 9:19 AM
        Subject: [lincolnknitters] KAL

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 8, 2007
          Re: [lincolnknitters] KAL I have a lot on my plate right now. I'm making two of the attached for the woman who gave us tons of baby stuff. I think I might have mentioned doing something for them awhile back. I'm using KnitPicks Shine Worsted. Plus, my mom's afghan.

          Oh, who am I kidding? If it is really cute, I might have to cast it on. Would this be a January KAL or February KAL?

          j.

          As long as it is a stash project, I'm in!

          From: "Mary Pat Miller" <marypat@...>
          To: LINcolnknitters@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Mon, Jan-8-2007 9:19 AM

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 8, 2007
            I think this would be several months long to give everyone a chance to work on it.  Perhaps with target date of some time in the spring - this could be decided if everyone things it would be fun to see what we come up for this pattern.  I will bring along some information to the Guild Meeting and see if the idea takes.

            mp

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 8, 2007
              Re: [lincolnknitters] KAL I could make a KAL button for everyone's blog...

              From: "Mary Pat Miller" <marypat@...>
              To: LINcolnknitters@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Mon, Jan-8-2007 9:19 AM

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 8, 2007
                I'm game!  I actually just found out yesterday that a friend is expecting her own Baby Surprise!  It will be #7 for her and her youngest is 10 yrs. old.

                Christy

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 8, 2007
                  I've been wanting to do this sweater ever since I saw Franklin's (The
                  Panopticon) version in Lamb's Pride.

                  Oh, and I have a good excuse now for casting it on, besides the KAL.
                  Right before the holidays, David and I found out that we're expecting!

                  --- In lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Pat Miller"

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 8, 2007
                    Amy - CONGRATULATIONS!  We now can look forward to another baby lunch at Wilderness.

                    I am so glad that I've gotten positive responses to the suggested KAL.  Our Guild has never done one and I thought since this sweater is a quick knit and can use stash that it would be a good one for a start.

                    mp

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 8, 2007

                      Yes, congratulations Amy!

                      I would love to join the KAL in spirit. I have too many projects on my to-do list to add another to the list, but some of those projects are baby sweaters, and I would love to consider them part of this KAL. Perhaps we could all pick our own pa

                      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 8, 2007
                        Re: [lincolnknitters] Re: KAL Congratulations, Amy!

                        Christy and I were just saying we needed another reason to have a Wilderness Ridge lunch/baby shower!

                        j.

                        Yes, congratulations Amy!

                        I would love to join the KAL in spirit. I have too many projects on my to-do list to add another to the list, but some of those projects are baby sweaters, and I would love to consider them part of this KAL. Perhaps we could all pick our own pattern and it would be fun to see what everyone came up with. Not to say it isn’t fun with everyone knitting the same pattern…I’m just saying is all.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 8, 2007
                          I was so busy at work today that I didn't have a chance to sign in.  Look at all the chatter I missed!  Amy, what wonderful news!!  Gee, what should I knit for you for your baby shower?  Hmm.  :)