Who's coming this Saturday?

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 2, 2006

      It's our Saturday to knit at Wilderness Perk from 3-5.  I'll be there and working on my socks which I've now started over for the FOURTH time.  #1--decided to switch to bamboo dpns, #2 too many stitches cast on,  #3 didn't like the entire leg in 2x2 cable,  #4.....am I being too picky?  8-}

      Mary Pat, I can't stop thinking about that hand paint Louet you showed us last night.  Did you order that from the Loopy Ewe?

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 2, 2006

        I would love to be there, but I don’t think I will be able to make it. We have a dear friend who has just returned from serving a year

        (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 2, 2006
          Hi,
          I plan to attend on Saturday at Wilderness Perk. (That would be 2 times in a row for me--doesn't happen very often.) I may be knitting the same sock as I was 2 weeks ago, but I did make myself a hat in between.
          As long as you are happy, Liz, and you are knitting, then you are not too picky. If you stop knitting because the sock is not perfect, then you are too picky. (My opinion!!)
          And, what is a hand painted Louet???
          Joanne

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 2, 2006
            Congratulations Tana, what a beautiful baby boy!
            Joanne

            Steve and Tana Pageler <stpageler@...> wrote:
            I would love to be there, but I don’t think I will be able to make it. We have a dear friend who has just returned from serving a year in Iraq and they are party for him in Omaha Saturday evening. I simply don’t think I’m up to going to south Lincoln and then driving all the way to Omaha in one afternoon/evening. So I shall see everyone next time.
            I did post some pictures on my blog. I’ve been jotting down notes for entries but haven’t gotten them posted until a week after the fact. So it may look like you’re reading “old news” but it really is rather new. Here is the link to my blog: www.tanapageler. com/life.
            Happy knitting everyone!

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 2, 2006
              Very nice to see everyone's posts.

              Tana, baby Joey is so adorable  Am I right, he looks just like Ben?  Sorry that you can't make it Saturday.  I too am over committed for that day; however, I hope to get out after the football game.

              Liz, here is the link to the website, yes is was from LoopyEwe  http://www.theloopyewe.com/browse/whatsnew/.  The Claudia yarn is listed as CL.  I see the color I ordered, Passion Fruit (I think) is all gone.  Some of my first choices were gone; because you need two hanks for socks.  If that doesn't grab you how about Blue Moon's - sock club?  I am so tempted.
              http://www.bluemoonfiberarts.com/.  I think you just need to finish a pair of socks and after they are finished decide how you will do the next pair.   With socks there are just so many options you could drive yourself crazy second guessing yourself,  ask me how I know.

              mp

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 2, 2006
                  Re: [lincolnknitters] Who's coming this Saturday? I'm planning to be there. Tarun has to work on Saturday, and depending on when he is finished, I may be bringing Mirabella with me. Hopefully she'll let me get some knitting done.

                  Tana, Joey is so cute! I love the pic of Ben watching you dress Joey. He looks so serious!

                  j.

                  p.s. Liz, I agree with Joanne. You're only too picky if you abandon your sock. Keep on knitting! :)

                  p.p.s. There's a football game? I'm wearing my red sweater today. Dang!

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 2, 2006
                    I'm not sure if I'll make it this time or not. I still have a lot of
                    boxes to unpack! It all depends on how much I get done early Saturday.
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006

                      Yes, Joey definitely looks like he’s Ben’s brother. However, Ben looked exactly like Steve if you compare baby pictures (even I had to look really close to tell the difference), but Joey looks a lot more like a good mix of the two of us. He got the big cheeks from me.
                      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006

                        Amy, you're going to be soooooooooooo  tiiiiiired of opening boxes on Saturday that I think you'll have to stop and knit for awhile. :p

                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006
                          Funny thing is, I think you're right...

                          I need to finish my socks. I've put them down for too long and the
                          callus on my index finger has gone away.

                          --- In lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Liz Andes Bracken"