Re: [lincolnknitters] Sweaters that pill

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 8, 2006
      I think Peaches & Cream is just a different brand of cotton than Sugar & Cream.  I've heard P&C has a better color selection but S&C is easier to find at the craft stores.

      Christy

      Liz Andes Bracken <eabracken@...> wrote:
      Julie, I noticed in my new Knit Picks catalog that came yesterday that there's a Sweater Stone on page 44.  It's $7.95 which sounds about right for what I paid for mine at BedBath&Beyond.  Do you get those BB&B 20% off coupons in the mail (and it seems like they come to my house every week)?

      How was Mirabella's last 12 hours?  I hope better than the 12 hours preceding our knitting session at the Perk yesterday!!  I took a closer look at the bibs in Mason Dixon Knitting book last night.  You're using the Sugar & Cream to make them, right?  I wonder what Peaches & Cream is---I don't think I've ever seen that.  I bought a ball of S&C at Michael's last night and I'll give it a try with that.  Also started a new felted hat that I've promised someone for Christmas!  Then I had this thought that I should knit an afghan for one of Dave's sisters for Christmas.  But reality reined me in when I thought, "You're crazy; this is October 7 already."  Too many projects; too little life.

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 8, 2006

        Peaches & Cream is at Walmart. I think it is much nicer than Sugar & Cream. It’s softer and smoother but still the same strong cotton. I’ve also bought it online.

          Re: [lincolnknitters] Sweaters that pill If you want to pay $5 for a "free" sweater stone and wait 4-6 weeks, you can get one here:

          http://www.sweaterstone.com/free.htm

          BB&B seems like a better way to go.

          j.

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 8, 2006
            Re: [lincolnknitters] Sweaters that pill I bookmarked Peaches & Cream but haven't ordered any. I use Sugar & Cream, too. It looks like they have a special pack of yarn for Mason Dixon patterns.

            http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/

            j.

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 8, 2006
              Well, then that's a good reason to go to WalMart!  I'm a confirmed Target shopper and never go to WalMart but looks like I just found a reason to go.  Thanks, Tana.

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 8, 2006
                LOOK at all of those colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!