Washing that wonderful sweater

  • Barbara
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2006
      Before giving advice, I would want to know something about the sweater.
      Is is one color or several?

      If there are several colors, is there a great deal of contrast? If
      there is, test a small spot of each bold color to see if the color
      bleeds. Saturate it with water and blot it with a white paper towel or
      napkin. Then let it set until dry with a white napkin or paper towel
      under the wet spot. If the colors run, I would consider dry cleaning.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2006
        it's all black (as are most of my sweaters ;)

        good point. faded black is never pretty.

        j.