Re: [lincolnknitters] How was knitting?

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18, 2006
      Wish I could have been there to knit. I was in Minnesota--I went on Sept. 7, intending to return on the 10th, but I ended up taking my elderly aunt to a hospital emergency room and then staying while she was hospitalized and later moved to a transitional care unit. I came home yesterday (Sunday), but will probably go back to help her find either an assisted care apartment or a room in a nursing home. (Note to self: do not wait to move out of your own home until you are 91 and can't remember if you took your medications or paid your bills!) I did get some knitting done while I was there--worked on the circular afghan which some of you saw Sept. 2.
      I am back to caring for my grandsons today, but I just want to go somewhere and knit and knit and knit!!!
      Joanne

      Liz Andes Bracken <eabracken@...> wrote:
      I missed all of you but, as some of you know, this was a big weekend for me.  My Big Sis from sorority days (35 years ago!) came here from Cincinnati for my long overdue initiation into Gamma Phi Beta.  (I'll tell you the story next time, if anyone is interested.)  She brought with her the paddle I had painted for her and I was surprised to see I had put knitting needles with a scarf in progress on the paddle!  Even back then, Ellie and I had bonded over knitting!

      Did Mirabella Kundhi make her first appearance at knitting group?

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 18, 2006
        Yes, Miss Mirabella was there! Julie looks amazing post pregnancy!
        Jeez, between the girls at work and the babies joining the knitting
        group, I'm getting the fever to have another one... Guess I better be
        carefull and not drink the water. LOL!

        --- In lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Liz Andes Bracken"