Re: [lincolnknitters] State Fair 2007

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 28, 2006
      Re: [lincolnknitters] State Fair 2007 I started having contractions today, but nothing consistent. Went to the dr. this morning and he said things are moving forward. I'm hanging out at home until I have to go to the hospital. I should be knitting the baby blanket, but I'm surfing mindless websites and taking naps.

      I guess that means I won't be there Saturday. Hopefully!

      http://www.kundhicreative.com/lincolnblog/

      j.

      > The forms aren’t too difficult. You just have to put their class/lot numbers
      > and their description for each category you want to enter something. Then you
      > just have to make a note to yourself what item you were actually intending on
      > entering. You get discount tickets ($3.25 each) if you buy them when you
      > submit your entry form. Otherwise there is no entry fee and no prize money
      > unless you get stuff like the Threads gift certificate. It’s just a matter of
      > sitting down and doing it. Maybe next year we can all bring our forms to Sit
      > and Knit and fill them out together.
      >

      > Saturday probably isn’t going to work for me. The football game starts at 2:00
      > and I would never hear the end of it if I chose to leave and go knit instead
      > of watching the game. So in order to protect my status as a Husker fan at our
      > house, I think I’ll stay home…and knit (which will get me in more than enough
      > trouble as it is…something about this idea that you’re supposed to actually
      > watch the game, not just listen).
      >

      > Has Julie had her baby yet? Netscape decided to update itself on my computer
      > (without my knowledge or consent) and in the process doing that erased all of
      > my bookmarks and it doesn’t come up when I google. Can someone forward me the
      > link again so I can hear the exciting news when it happens?
      >

      > Tana

    • Barbara McCall
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 28, 2006
        Wonderful!  I hope things heat up soon.

        From: Julie Kundhi <jkundhi@...>
        To: lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Mon, Aug-28-2006 1:21 PM
        Subject: Re: [lincolnknitters] State Fair 2007

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 28, 2006
          I agree that we kind of get the shaft as far as displays are concerned.  Maybe know that we are the Knitting Guild (woohoo) we could have something to say about that.

          I have no idea what I'm going to spend my certificate on.  They had Plymouth Encore on sale for 40% off the other day.  But, I'll probably invest in some Brown Sheep or Cascade 220.  I can always use some of that!

          Christy
          craftyconservative.blogspot.com

          Joanne Neeley <joanne_neeley@...> wrote:
          Hi,
          I plan to be knitting at Wilderness Perk on Saturday at 3:00!
          I went to the fair over the weekend, and I did see Tana's sweater. I thought it was hard to read the tags to see who had knitted each item, and I never did find any of Christy's items.  I was disappointed with the display areas for knitting (and crochet), especially when you compare with the way quilts are displayed at Devaney.

          Looking forward to Saturday,
          Joanne

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 28, 2006

            Yeah, well, I’m having Braxton Hicks bad enough to make me break out into a cold sweat and feel nauseous. Only one every hour or so, but still… Perhaps they’re sympathy pains.

            Take good care of yourself, Julie!

            Tana

            (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 28, 2006
              Oh nuts! Is it that time again? I completely forgot that we were to
              meet at Wilderness Perk this Saturday. I'm not sure if I'll make it
              or not. We're in the process of trying to buy a house, and the bid
              will go in this week sometime. I guess it all depends on if the
              seller accepts.

              ~Amy

              --- In lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Liz Andes Bracken"