state fair

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 25, 2006
      Well, my Snowdrop shawl didn't do as well as I thought it would---4th place!  I can't complain too much, though.  My Hederas socks (knitty pattern) won 1st place and the Threads award ($25 gift certificate) for best knitting.
      Everything else got some ribbons ranging from 1st-4th.  I crocheted a runner for the top of my piano that says "Nelson" and it won a $10 prize for best dresser scarf.  Huh.  Who knew?  It was pretty fun.  I should have pics up on my blog later this weekend.

      Tana-I saw some of your stuff there!  Ben's sweater looks so great!

      Christy
      craftyconservative.blogspot.com

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 25, 2006

        I’ll be going tomorrow to see what prizes I got…

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 25, 2006
          I really wanted to enter something this year, and I had even
          researched what it all involved, but I got royally confused at the
          small print. Maybe our "vetrans" can walk us through it next year!

          Congrats to those that did so well!

          ~Amy

          --- In lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Steve and Tana Pageler"