Nov. 19, 2011 Guild KAL

  • Clearbrook
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2011
      We are starting a new KAL (knit-along) this November.

      We will be knitting the Baby Surprise Jacket.

      This pattern is available from http://schoolhousepress.com/ (it only took a couple of days for mine to arrive in the mail)

      There are resources in Ravelry to help you out with modifications, sizing and other topics. I will bring some of the basic help information to the meeting.

      If you are looking to make a specific size, or use a specific yarn, you will need to make a swatch. Your stitches/inch will determine the general size of your creation.

      Gauge and Size

      16 stitches per 4"/10cm = 22 ½" chest circumference

      20 stitches per 4"/10cm = 18" chest circumference

      22 stitches per 4"/10cm = 16 ½" chest circumference

      24 stitches per 4"/10cm = 15" chest circumference

      28 stitches per 4"/10cm = 13" chest circumference

      This might help you to know what chest measurements mean: http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/babysize.html

      For our December 17 meeting: we want to have a holiday gathering/pot luck. If you know of a place that we could hold this (even for a small fee) let me know as soon as possible.