Re: [lincolnknitters] Trick or Treat!

  • Beth Cordell
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2011
      Rats...and once again, I will be out of town and won't be able to join in the fun...Well, hope you guys all have a good time! Beth

      On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Clearbrook <clearbrook72@...> wrote:

      This month's Guild meeting is our annual Trick or Treat.

      Bring a wrapped item (knitting related). If you bring one, you will get one.

      This can be anything knitting related: books, gadgets/tools, yarn, that 1/2 knitted sweater from your great-aunt Matilda, all your left over nuggets of sock yarn (I will gladly take these!).

      Tricks are usually something from your knitting stuff that you don't like. You know you have that huge stash of fun fur yarn. Well, wrap it up and sent it home with a new owner.

      Treats are usually something you would like to receive, but are going to give to someone else.

      This is all in fun, and you don't have to participate. You never know just what will show up. Some things that people think are tricks end up being a great treat for someone else, and vice versa.

      I will not be able to be there for very long. I have to watch my son compete in the LPS Marching Band contest. But, feel free to stay the full time and get to know each other better.

      Shawn

      P.S. There will be a skein of Wollmeise sock yarn in there somewhere. Just to entice you sock knitters.

    • sena.adelman
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2011
        I was so excited to go to this meeting, but I just won free tickets to the Renaissance Festival in Kansas City. My sister won too, so we're going tomorrow. This is the last weekend of the festival this year. Sorry, I'm going to miss out! See you Wednesday, hopefully.
        Sena