Saturday, March 19, 2011 Guild Meeting

  • Clearbrook
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 18, 2011
      Sorry for posting this so late.

      This month we are meeting from 1-4 p.m. at the Walt Library.

      We are starting a new KAL (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/peacock-entrelac-bag). Please bring your needles, yarn and a copy of the pattern if you have one. (I will have a few copies available too.)

      This bag features a little bit of colorwork and entrelac. Don't worry if you aren't comfortable with these, as all the mistakes we make will be cleverly hidden when we felt these.

      The pattern used 2 different types of yarn. To make the felting more even and predictable, I recommend that you use the same yarn (different colors) throughout your project. I am using only Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride for mine. Also, make sure you are not using a fiber that will not felt.

      I hope to see everyone there.
    • Jennifer McKitrick
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 18, 2011
        Looking at the pattern, the beginning of the bag (casting on and the 1st 14 rows) are really basic, so if anyone wants to spend more time on the more advanced techniques at the meeting, they might want to get started tonight.  That's what I'm doing.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 19, 2011

          http://brutal-knitting.tumblr.com/

        • Lynn Kucera
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 20, 2011
            You have waaaaay too much time on your hands :)

            Lynn