Guild meeting tomorrow from 1-4 p.m.

  • Clearbrook
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 14, 2011
      Don't forget that tomorrow we will be starting our KAL at the January 2011 Guild meeting.

      Please bring the following:

      Needles (size will depend on what you need to get gauge and can be 2 circs, 1 for magic loop, or dpns)
      Worsted weight yarn
      Pattern (this is free: http://d-made.com/knitting/patterns/patterns.html)
      Stitch markers, if you want
      Small amount of a contrasting color worsted weight yarn (for provisional cast on)
      Cable needle (or spare dpn/other needle)

      While many people can cable without a needle, I am not one of those people. I have tried (numerous times) and failed miserably. I am fine with failure, but I am not insane. I am perfectly fine with using another needle/dpn/toothpick/whatever is handy to make my cable crosses. Everyone has different skills/aptitudes and one way is not better than another.

      I have knit one of these socks, exactly as the pattern calls for. In doing so, I have some suggestions/tips for everyone, and some alternatives without changing the sock's look.

      If I forgot something, let me know.

      I can't wait to see everyone!

      Shawn
    • Jennifer McKitrick
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 15, 2011
        Shawn,
        What websites for cable afghan squares did you recommend?
        Jen

      • Clearbrook
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2011
          Jen,

          I sent this to you on Ravelry a while back, but wanted to make sure you got it:

          http://www.ravelry.com/groups/12-month-cable-afghan-k-a-l-from-woolen-collectibles-and-mountain-meadows-yarn

          They are pretty large squares, but could be scaled down I would think.

          Shawn