The Land's End Yarn is here!

  • Clearbrook
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2010
      Good morning,

      If you would like to help knit 8 inch squares for charity, the yarn is here. We received 3 cones (about 8-9 lbs.) of yarn from Land's End, and in return we need to make blankets to be donated.

      The colors we received are Red, Green and a Purple-magenta. The Green is very bright.

      I have made center-pull cakes and will bring them to Barnes & Noble on Wed. night. If you can't make it to B&N, just let me know, and I can work out something to get you some yarn. I won't be at B&N for the whole time, as my kids have another function, but I should be there between 7-8 p.m.

      This yarn is a worsted weight Cotton/Nylon/Wool blend. (Ravely yarn search: FeelGood)

      The turn-around on this is fairly quick. Warm Up America, who worked with Land's End and TKGA, would like squares/blankets made by mid-December.

      Even if you can only knit/crochet 1 square, the help would be greatly
      appreciated.

      Shawn
    • Beth Cordell

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2010
          I just posted a photo on the yahoo group (lincolnknitters.org) of the yarn cakes I have started on.

          Shawn