Textile Volunteer Opportunity in Lincoln

  • lianasews
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 2010
      You may already have been contacted about this, but since it's such a unique and wonderful opportunity, I thought I'd send this out.

      I am the Assistant Volunteer Coordinator for the Textile Society of America's Biennial Symposium which is being held here in Lincoln Oct. 6-9.  We are looking for volunteers to fill a time slot of anywhere from a few hours to all day.  For the most part, what you would be doing is being available (either at the Cornhusker Hotel or another venue, or on a bus going between) to help the attendees know where they should be, or if they are on the right bus, etc., or it could be helping with registration, or handing out box lunches.  It varies, and you can choose.

      What do you get for doing this?  You get to attend the session/class of your choice FREE.  Since the cost of the registration to be able to attend even one class as a regular attendee is several hundred dollars, this is quite a nice deal.  The classes and sessions are led by world-renowned leaders in many varied textile areas, and it would be a shame to miss out on this probably once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  We all love fiber and textiles, and there's always more to know, even about things we didn't know we were interested in.

      Here's the link to the TSA's website .   http://www.textilesociety.org/

      For the schedule and description of classes, download the Preliminary Program PDF on the right of the page, so you can see what it's all about.  Please let me know ASAP if you are interested, as when slots and classes fill, they are full.

      Helen Sellentine is the Lead Volunteer Coordinator, and she will be the one who slots you into your spot, etc.  She will need your name, email address and cellphone #.  (We need to make sure that we can contact all volunteers by cellphone while they are doing their volunteer work.)  This info will go from me to her, and no further, so don't worry about spam or odd phone calls.

      Thanks,
      Liana
    • Marabeth Luton
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 26, 2010
        I would love to help you out with this. I'm open on times etc
        cell # 402-740-6957
        Marabeth Luton