August Guild Meeting

  • Clearbrook
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 17, 2010
      This Saturday (Aug. 21) we will be discussing knitting lace.

      This will be a gathering of minds to offer what has/has not worked for you in the past when knitting lace. What your favorite lace designers/patterns are, even if you haven't knit any of them.

      I have a lace shawl in progress (Percy), and a few that are done, but still need to be blocked, that I will bring.

      I will offer some resources for free patterns, and some nice ones that you have to pay for.

      I want everyone to bring their questions, a project they have been scared to start (with needles, yarn), finished projects to show off.

      Not interested in lace? That's OK too. Come and see what else our group has to offer.

      I am still doing the block of the month, and will make sure to post the info. on the yahoo group. (I just finished 2 blocks this week -- April and July) I think we may have enough to put together a smaller blanket (3x4). I will bring the crochet hook and see if I have some yarn we can use to join them together. I want to put Jen's info. from an earlier guild meeting into practice about joining the squares together.

      I hope to see you there!
    • cattalesx2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22, 2010
        Hi Shawn,  Enjoyed the meeting.  Is anyone planning a group order to Sarah's Yarns?

        Cathy

      • clearbrook72@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 22, 2010
          Cathy,
          Not that I know of, but it can be arranged if we get enough ordered.

          From: cattalesx2@...
          Sender: lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 16:16:44 -0400
          To: <lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com>