June Guild Meeting

  • Clearbrook
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2010
      June's Guild meeting will not be at the Library this month.

      We will meet at Trinity Baptist Church from 1-4 p.m. Saturday June 19, 2010.

      Trinity Baptist Church is just north of 40th and Highway 2 on LaSalle Street. Turn west onto La Salle and it's about 5 houses in.

      We will be having a hands-on yarn dyeing lab.

      What to bring:
      yarn to dye (wool, white, off white works best)
      Kool-aid or Easter egg dye in colors you might like to try
      a microwave safe dish
      scrap yarn to tie up skeins with
      old towel(s) that might get stained

      Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty/stained. (Just in case)

      We will have a swift or two to assist in winding hanks for dyeing, a ball winder to wind finished yarns (if they dry fast enough), vinegar for setting the dye, some dyes and other supplies.

      I have a couple of extra sock blanks from Knit Picks that can be purchased for $12.50 each. They are $11.99 at Knit Picks, and I added a bit for taxes/shipping costs.

      Let me know if I forgot anything.

      I hope to see you there!