Wednesday Night Knitting, 4/7/2010, 7:00 pm

  • lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2010
      Reminder from: lincolnknitters Yahoo! Group

      Title: Wednesday Night Knitting

      Date: Wednesday April 7, 2010
      Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
      Repeats: This event repeats every week.
      Location: SouthPointe Pavilions Barnes & Noble
      City State Zip: Lincoln, NE

    • Jennifer McKitrick
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10, 2010
        Dear Knitters,
        I was asked to demonstrate how to crochet squares together, which I will do at our next guild meeting.
        I will only be using single crochet, chain, and slip stitch, so if you know how to crochet, it should be easy.
        If you don't know how to crochet, I can show you at some point during the meeting.

        If you want to try the techniques I will explain, you should bring some yarn and an appropriately sized crochet hook to work with (G or H for worsted weight).
        Smooth, light-colored yarn will make it easier to see your stitches.
        Also, bring a couple of knit or crochet squares to join.
        You could use gauge swatches, or whip up a few small squares.
        (Three-round granny squares work up quickly and will work fine.)

        Let me know if you have any questions.

        Best,
        Jennifer