January Guild Meeting This Saturday!

  • Clearbrook
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2010
      Welcome to a new year everyone!

      This month for our meeting we will be getting opinions from those attending, dues ($12 for the year) and venturing into some skill building squares.

      Things to bring to our meeting on Saturday, Jan. 16, 2010 at the Walt Library:

      -- $12 (cash preferable, as we don't have the checking acct. anymore that I know of)
      -- worsted weight yarn (any fiber content, machine wash/dryable if you plan on donating your squares)
      -- knitting needles to go with the worsted yarn (most likely US 6-8s)
      -- any suggestions/ideas for upcoming meeting topics
      -- any items you are knitting/have knit that you would like to share, need help with, or wish to work on during the meeting
      -- any books you would like to share your opinions on (knitting related)
      -- ideas on how we can promote our group
      -- ideas for organizations to donate blankets to

      I will be sharing some square ideas. I am planning on this being a regular feature each month to help build our skills in knitting over the next year. I will have some squares that are great for beginners (knit and purl only) and some more advanced ones (cables and lace).

      The goal is to have a quick project to learn a new technique. We would also like to incorporate a charity aspect too. We would like to take the squares and create a blanket to be donated to various organizations locally. (We have donated 2 blankets so far) You don't have to donate any squares unless you want to. You are more than welcome to make this into a sampler for yourself or a gift for next year's holidays.

      We hope to see everyone on Saturday!
      Shawn, Beth and Cathy
    • aliassak1999
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2010
        I was hoping that I would have been able to make it to the January meeting, but holy buckets, my sociology class is killing me! I might not surface until March... But we'll see how February looks.