Fwd: [nebraskaknittingguildTKGA] Year End Reflections

  • Ruth Heer
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 25, 2009

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: ruthheer <ruthmheer@...>
      Date: Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 9:42 AM
      Subject: [nebraskaknittingguildTKGA] Year End Reflections
      To: nebraskaknittingguildTKGA@yahoogroups.com

      Four and a half years ago we met at String of Purls on a warmer day. We
      started quite an adventure of knitters and crocheters in Nebraska.

      We now have our monthly guild meeting at Countryside Community Church
      on the first Thursdays. A knit/crochet book club starts us off at 6PM,
      technique segment, Knit and Crochet Today DVD, knitalong and crochetalong featuring socks and new topics.

      In addition to growing in Omaha and Lincoln, our Blair and Ft Calhoun
      groups continue to offer instruction in both knitting and crocheting, plus the group experience. Girl scouts and 4H youngsters have ongoing groups. In
      Ft Calhoun we have quite the ages represented- a 91 and 6 year old!!!

      Charities-Ship project, nursing homes, churches, Open Door Mission, Salvation army, and schools have benefited from continuing teaching and
      donations.

      Our annual retreat will offer our own Lynn Anne Banks as workshop instructor. We are thankful she can fit us in with her "NEW" designer
      and teacher duties.

      I'd like to thank all our participants and friends who have supported us from the beginning. The purpose of our groups is the sharing of new ideas, techniques, and to challenge us to new levels. We get to meet new people who share a common hobby.

      Happy Knitting and Crocheting in the New Year!!!

      Ruth Heer