From our discussion today...

  • aliassak1999
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2009
      Julie and Tana,

      This probably applies mostly to you (Christy might be interested, but I don't know how old Eva is), but when I got home and checked the mail I found a notice in our public school newsletter regarding that free vision assessment you were talking about this afternoon. I'm going to repeat the info here:

      "One in five children entering Kindergarten has an undetected vision problem. Good vision is critical to learning-- more than 80% of learning is done visually. Yet, young children often don't realize they cannot see.

      To catch vision disorders before the first year of school, Nebraska's participating SEE TO LEARN optometrists provide FREE vision assessments for any 3 year old, regardless of economic status.

      The Nebraska Foundation for Children's vision encourages you to find out more about SEE TO LEARN. Visit www.seetolearn.com or www.nechildrensvision.org. If you have a 3-year old, call 1-800-960-EYES to find a participating SEE TO LEARN optometrist in your area, and schedule a free assessment today."

      Hope the information is helpful!
      ~Amy