Re: [lincolnknitters] Help Needed

  • J. Schaupp
    Message 1 of 23 , May 9, 2009
      I am going to have to bow out of knitting for Sewing for Babies, I tried to use acrylic and its terrible, it has no natural shape, it feels very cheap and looks cheap as well.  I just won't knit anything or make anything for someone that I wouldn't wear myself.  I did make one pair of the Super Quick Baby Socks, and well, they are stiff and not very soft.  If you want them let me know and I can mail them to you, other wise I am going to toss them.

      Jay

      Message 2 of 23 , May 12, 2009
        Jay,

        Good News!  SFB meets on Tuesdays and they said they would accept washable wool booties.  I think since it is a charity that some of the older ladies have been worried about the washablitity and wool allergies of babies to wool.  If you are interested in helping, it would be appreciated and I will email the SFB address.
        We would still like the other pair if you still have it.

        Cathy
      • cattalesx2@aol.com
        Message 3 of 23 , May 12, 2009
          Amy,

          I was at SFB today for the weekly meeting and they said that they would accept wool booties.  They had been concerned about washability and allergies.  Let me know if you would have some time to knit some baby socks.

          Cathy
        • Amy H
          Message 4 of 23 , May 13, 2009
            Cathy,
            I will be happy to knit some socks and I have on my table the flannel booties to sew up.
            I am working on a test knit due Friday so there is no time this week but I will tackle it soon and let you know when I have some done.
            Also, we drive by SFB on Wednesdays so I can always drop off if that is easier for you.  Oh, I guess we won't be back to piano until June 10th.  Or I guess I could mail them, it wouldn't cost much.

            thanks for your legwork on this.
            amy

            To: lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com
            From: cattalesx2@...
            Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 22:53:22 -0400

            .

            Amy,

            I was at SFB today for the weekly meeting and they said that they would accept wool booties.  They had been concerned about washability and allergies.  Let me know if you would have some time to knit some baby socks.

            Cathy

            Hotmail® goes with you. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.
          • cattalesx2@aol.com
            Message 5 of 23 , May 13, 2009
              Hi Amy,  There isn't anyone at SFB on Weds., but we can work out something later.  Thanks for everything.  Cathy