Re: [lincolnknitters] Help Needed

  • cattalesx2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 23 , May 8 12:36 PM
      A big thank you to all of you who said they would help with baby socks for Sewing For Babies.  I contacted SFB and they are thrilled.  E-mail me when you are finsihed with some and we'll decide how to get them to SFB.

      Cathy
    • J. Schaupp
      Message 2 of 23 , May 8 12:53 PM
        Hi,

        I know you said only acrylic, is this because of washability?  I have lots of baby colors in superwash wool.  Is this acceptable?  If not, I did buy a skein of acrylic.

        Thanks

        Jay

        A big thank you to all of you who said they would help with baby socks for Sewing For Babies.  I contacted SFB and they are thrilled.  E-mail me when you are finsihed with some and we'll decide how to get them to SFB.

        Cathy

      • Amy H
        Message 3 of 23 , May 8 8:49 PM
          I had another thought.  I know they used to keep donations at their shop and people could stop in to get supplies to make things.  If they still do this it is possible they have yarn there that has been donated.

          amy

          To: lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com
          From: cattalesx2@...
          Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 15:36:28 -0400

          Message 4 of 23 , May 9 1:00 PM
            They still have donated yarn, but it now has to be when someone is there or the group.  Next wk. it's Tues. afternoon 1-3 or the Thurs. night 7-9 once a month meeting.

            Cathy

            To: lincolnknitters@ yahoogroups. com
            From: cattalesx2@aol. com
            Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 15:36:28 -0400

            A big thank you to all of you who said they would help with baby socks for Sewing For Babies.  I contacted SFB and they are thrilled.  E-mail me when you are finsihed with some and we'll decide how to get them to SFB.&nbs p;

            Cathy

          • cattalesx2@aol.com
            Message 5 of 23 , May 9 1:02 PM
              Sorry, they only want acrylic.

              Message 6 of 23 , May 9 5:02 PM
                I am going to have to bow out of knitting for Sewing for Babies, I tried to use acrylic and its terrible, it has no natural shape, it feels very cheap and looks cheap as well.  I just won't knit anything or make anything for someone that I wouldn't wear myself.  I did make one pair of the Super Quick Baby Socks, and well, they are stiff and not very soft.  If you want them let me know and I can mail them to you, other wise I am going to toss them.

                Jay

                Message 7 of 23 , May 12 7:50 PM
                  Jay,

                  Good News!  SFB meets on Tuesdays and they said they would accept washable wool booties.  I think since it is a charity that some of the older ladies have been worried about the washablitity and wool allergies of babies to wool.  If you are interested in helping, it would be appreciated and I will email the SFB address.
                  We would still like the other pair if you still have it.

                  Cathy
                • cattalesx2@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 23 , May 12 7:53 PM
                    Amy,

                    I was at SFB today for the weekly meeting and they said that they would accept wool booties.  They had been concerned about washability and allergies.  Let me know if you would have some time to knit some baby socks.

                    Cathy
                  • Amy H
                    Message 9 of 23 , May 13 6:23 AM
                      Cathy,
                      I will be happy to knit some socks and I have on my table the flannel booties to sew up.
                      I am working on a test knit due Friday so there is no time this week but I will tackle it soon and let you know when I have some done.
                      Also, we drive by SFB on Wednesdays so I can always drop off if that is easier for you.  Oh, I guess we won't be back to piano until June 10th.  Or I guess I could mail them, it wouldn't cost much.

                      thanks for your legwork on this.
                      amy

                      To: lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com
                      From: cattalesx2@...
                      Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 22:53:22 -0400

                      .

                      Amy,

                      I was at SFB today for the weekly meeting and they said that they would accept wool booties.  They had been concerned about washability and allergies.  Let me know if you would have some time to knit some baby socks.

                      Cathy

                      Hotmail® goes with you. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.
                    • cattalesx2@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 23 , May 13 11:46 AM
                        Hi Amy,  There isn't anyone at SFB on Weds., but we can work out something later.  Thanks for everything.  Cathy